• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BD apex fuel sttings/throttle response?

R

relentless rider

Jan 25, 2009
in the mountians western mt
Is it commen to have a bog on the bottom end? soon as i hit the throttle fast it bogs out bad or will die.Alot might be getting the right settings on the PL box,i just dont know were to start.Is anyone running the PL box on a BD apex,if so what are your fuel settings at.Ive been fighting this forever now,we have check the timming twice,dont thank its that,we put .63 head shim with gasket on each side is the compression two low?There is know codes comming up so its not any sencer,or leaks.

Last edited:
T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
Having owned a BD apex and ridden a few here is my input

What box are you running?
Most of the sleds I have seen run well have run the PL box with the low end fuel on zero. That is where I run mine.
You need to pull fuel from the CO to get the bottom really clean on most of the ones I have seen
With the headshim they are a tad laggy but not boggy. With stock compression or close they pull pretty good off the bottom

R

relentless rider

Jan 25, 2009
Having owned a BD apex and ridden a few here is my input

What box are you running?
Most of the sleds I have seen run well have run the PL box with the low end fuel on zero. That is where I run mine.
You need to pull fuel from the CO to get the bottom really clean on most of the ones I have seen
With the headshim they are a tad laggy but not boggy. With stock compression or close they pull pretty good off the bottom

Its a PL box
All the CO settings are at 0,
were should i start with the CO settings - or + fuel??

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Fuel pressure @ 36 psi

Green 1
yellow 1.5
red 2.5
green blue 3.5
yellow blue 4.5
red blue 5

This is with 85 gram weights 1.5 turns out on the helix @ 5000 ft
This was set up i ran with the BD kit i had with a head shim. My BD kit had no bog and was responsive.

R

relentless rider

Jan 25, 2009
I put the CO settings at -25,and Pl fuel settings at what EZmoney said, Just ran the sled across the yard,runs alot better,still has alittle bit of bog/lean spot right off,but after that its nice and clean,and spools up fast.

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
CO was the ticket I think. When you ride it at altitude you can play with it plus or minus

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
better is good

If you have a a/f gauge whats it say on the bottom end at idle? Also my sled if it would idle to low it would load up with fuel. What yours at? Turn it up to 1900 if its way lower than that. The c/o's i tried on both sleds and never liked it at -25. Ran -10 with the bd set up. And 0 with the Impulse.

R

relentless rider

Jan 25, 2009
If you have a a/f gauge whats it say on the bottom end at idle? Also my sled if it would idle to low it would load up with fuel. What yours at? Turn it up to 1900 if its way lower than that. The c/o's i tried on both sleds and never liked it at -25. Ran -10 with the bd set up. And 0 with the Impulse.

My air fuel gauge isnt working,just reads ---- lines,so ive got to get a new one. It idles high,like 2,200 than will idle down after i hit the throttle,than back to high idle?? as for the CO setting should i try it at -10 than? Im at about 3500 feet were i live so i know ill have to change when riding at 5-7000 feet,just trying to get it close.Thanks for the info

Premium Features