• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Challanger extreme track

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I was told that the track/tunnel clearances are the same between the Pro and IQ raw chassis. Anybody that has put on the Challanger extreme track have you tried trimming an 1/8 to 1/4 inch off of the paddles to make the clearances the same as the stock track? Wondering if there was an easy way to do this?

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I just put mine on and left it alone. before you trim it put it on and see if you think you need to.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The trimming process is easy with a sharp carpet knife and some silicone spray to lubricate the blade. Takes about an hour max.

But...you are taking an already super stiff track and making it stiffer...and making it pretty much worthless if you want to sell it.

The only ones that I know of that trimmed the 2.5" ch ext are turbo guys in west coast snow. or Hilclimbers...

Trimming this track will make this track more prone to trenching.

You would be better off running the new style Avid 3" pitch, 7 tooth drivers and the 156" x 15x2.5" track with 3" pitch. Same rails. The smaller drivers will give you clearance.

There are many that will run the 155" CE track on thier Pros... but they would be better off with more clearance, IMO.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I agree with mountainhorse. The CE will be very stiff with 1/4" trimmed. The stock 5.1 trimmed 1/4" acts a little more like the CE. The CE is an awesome track, but I think you will be changing it too much by trimming it. I had the CE on my 2009 D8 and it cleared fine. If I kept the sled I might have looked at a D&R kit. I'm not sure about the Pro RMK, but I've heard that the CE will clear.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I run the challanger extreme on my sled now. It does seem fine but where I notice the problem is when you are in deep powder that may be just a bit wet and lean the sled over to do hard corners under power you can then feel what seems like the parasitic drag and it always starts to ratchet. And I always run my track tension where it is supposed to be. Just wondering if that would be an option.

Premium Features