• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Snow Check Prices???

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
I got an idea; why don't all forum readers that are getting a snow check go to the dealer of your choice and offer him $250.00 above his cost but expect to get set up in his computer as a loyal customer and recieve a 10% discount on parts and accessories. Now on a $11000.00 purchase he gets to make a wappin 2% and you pay a way better than fair price. It's what we're offering plus we throw in our great service. I'm not after business from other areas, go to your dealer of your choice (service).

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I feel bad for dealers that there is so little profit in selling new sleds but...they chose that business and business is business. I am fine with them making money on me on parts, acc, and shop repairs.

I don't feel bad for Polaris dealers. You are right about not making a lot of money, but I'd rather be selling the 2011 Polaris than the 2011 AC, Yammi or even Ski-Doo. Plus, that 4 year warranty means everyone will come running back for any issue that can be fixed and dealers get reimbursed from Polaris.

L
May 15, 2009
The reason I asked about snow check prices was to see if the local dealer was being fair. The dealer doesn't always play fair and their service is sometimes questionable at best.
Thanks for all the information posted.

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
It sound like a lot of you U.S. customers are getting your snowcheck for about $1000.00 to $1200.00 off of list price.
I only checked with one dealer here in Canada and he does not seem to be willing to drop the price anything from the $14,199.00 list price??
He is offering the 4 year waranty or the 2 year warranty plus 1200.00 in acc. or 800 off price if you opt out of the acc.
Any other Canadians have some snowcheck prices they can share?

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
I feel sorry for sled dealers because there really isn't much markup in a $10,000 product. I own an electrical business and I would be even more in the hole if I only charged 10% on materials, plus I can charge labor. I think tha the dealers will make a little more this year because there is more of a demand. Any way you look at it, sleds are getting way too expensive. I understand that everyone has to have their piece of the pie, but wher does it stop. Sledding is my one true passion, so it a little easier to justify this kind of price. I guess when you think about all of the accessories that they come with that are now production it is so bad either.

TOlsen

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Martin City, MT
What are we to do if not price shop? Trust the dealer to give us a "good deal" and take his word for it? Trust that the manufactures msrp is where the price should be for all concerned? My experience with my local dealer is that he will get as much as he can for any given product or service. Years past he has charged slightly over msrp, at snow check time, because he could. I see it as my job to pay as little as I can for any given product or service. I don't buy the "pay more now to get good service later" theory. The "good service" should be a given shouldn't it? They do get paid to perform said service. My local guy does clutching if need be, that's worth something, but I also like him to know I have options, keeps us both reasonable. The consumer has a slight edge right now given the economic times, its been the dealers with that edge in the past. I'll take advantage of my edge now, just as he's taken advantage of his in the past.

D

dmaxd2500

Sep 29, 2009
G WYO
NE WYO-
I got my Pro 163 for 11,800 out the door. Taxes, delivery, setup, everything. Not too bad considering that includes tax(Montana has no sales tax).

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
10,974 for a Pro RMK 155 out the door at Polaris West. No set up fees or BS. Plus Brad and Brandy are great people to deal with and open every day during the heart of riding season. I wish I could sell my 09.

trevormezz

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2010
Elk Grove CA
PRICES

CUSTOMERS NEED TO KNOW
WHen polaris comes out with a price of a unit they do not include freight or setup up. right below every price sheet it say price does not include freight or set up!!1 freight on every sled is 300 in us and standard set up is 100 to 200 depends on dealers. Set up on a sled actually take a while if your shop rate is 85 per hr it takes a tech about an hr or longer to set up a sled the RIGHT WAy. so plus you got to put oil and gas in the sled so dealers are not making money there either. I just say shop local keep your money where you are going to get parts and your sled worked on.
Just to show my prices
I have gave every snow check customer the same price!!!!
ex
PRO 155
sled 10770
freight 300
set up 150
and tax in my area is 8.75
so my customers have been paying 12200 otd if they have to pay tax out of state is just the sled the freight and set up

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
SETUP FEE IS BS. $150 for a mexican that gets $9.00/ hr to strap skis on fuel it up. Hello, they dont have jets or sea level clutching anymore. Sounds you guys should call Rob at Action Cycle in Twin Falls, ID 208-736-8118

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I got a price from a few dealers lowest is $13500. Canada. 4yr warr or 2 yr and $1200 acc and polaris cuts you a check if you don't like it and trade it on any 2012 polaris sled .

XP860

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
What dealer was this at Frenchman? Mine said 13500 canadian with 2yr warranty and no acc.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
SETUP FEE IS BS. $150 for a mexican that gets $9.00/ hr to strap skis on fuel it up. Hello, they dont have jets or sea level clutching anymore. Sounds you guys should call Rob at Action Cycle in Twin Falls, ID 208-736-8118

Go to a reputable shop and watch the process during setup. It includes a lot more including setting the TPS, wire management, chking oil setting and clutch alignment. Carl's wouldn't waste the time if each sled arrived with perfect settings. I've watched the tech at Carl's and he is a well paid, high quality tech. $150 is not out of line if you get the real deal!

Avi8tormd

Premium Member
May 31, 2008
BOISE, IDAHO
I agree with Ron, a good shop like Carls Cycle sales is worth the money. Carls alignes the clutches, installs delrin washers, grinds the springs and a lot more. You get what you pay for and more at Carls.

Premium Features