• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another 900 Build...SURE WHY NOT!!

Ask Yourself

Lifetime Membership
Mar 14, 2008
holly crapp thats my old 900.... i can't believe it looks so bad.... good luck.... ask the kid u bought if from where is the good sec clutch at... and the tail light is gay.. i didn't do that...

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
got the VE tunnel for this baby yesterday..going to get part of it powder coated as soon as i get a chance.

going to pick up a 166 track/rails on fri from a fellow 900 snowester..THANK YOU SPEEDEMON..

after the tunnel powder coating, i need to get some 2.52 avid drivers before i can get the track installed, then will start installing parts from there..

my luggage was lost somewhere for 5 days when i flew back from texas 2 weeks ago, and when it showed up my brandew digital camera was MISSING from the bag..so i am back to my cell phone again :rolleyes:

ill get a pic of the tunnel as soon as i can ;)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Update!

Alright..

got the VE tunnel the other day...so that encouraged me to remove the tunnel on my sled now, lol...

got the tunnel off my sled...and HOLY COW...that SUCKED...i hate rivots, my hands are bloody and i have no knuckles anymore, lol....what a PINA!!!

started the mock up of the tunnel to confirm fitment...ran into a few little snags, the VE tunnel is off an 05 900, and of coarse i am sticking on my 06 900 (not my 05 975 project)..so i had to do some drilling, aligning and minor cutting...but its together..NOT permanant though..just a mock up...i am still going to remove the coolant tubes and rear section to get powder coated...

but i am torn on whether to get the center section powder coated black again to make it pretty again...or if i should just leave it...it looks fine, just minor scracthes and whatnot...just dont want to spend the money and the time to do that and it wont look much different...

here are some pics...after i washed it up...just need to get the parts off to powder coating when i get some extra money ;) and the build begins...!!! :face-icon-small-ton

and NO that ford in my driveway is not mine..YUCK...go CHEVY!! :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-coo

DSC01914.jpg

DSC01911.jpg

DSC01910.jpg

DSC01914.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
well got a little done today..

took the tunnel/bulkhead assembly to the powder coater to get a quote on getting it coated like the one in the pic above (of coarse MY tunnel is slightly different on the side) and he said $250 MAX...OUCH....but he is also 3 weeks booked right now..so i will remove what i need coated from him and see if i can get it for $150 (seems more reasonable for me) and get it there in june..

i powder coated some misc parts myself today and it looks SICK....will post some pics when i do a few more parts...

i started mounting the bulkhead permenantly today, and installed what i could..

but waiting to pick up the 166 track/rails/drivers from a buddy before i can install the driveshaft/track/rails/rear suspension

need to get a new jackshaft bearing, Wave Rotor so i can install the jackshaft

need to install the custom rear motor mount brackets as well.

REALLY want to convert the FNI HiFlo vents (BELOW) on there but not sure if it will work, but if i do that, i need to change the center console to the Dragon one

vent.jpg

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
REALLY want to convert the FNI HiFlo vents (BELOW) on there but not sure if it will work, but if i do that, i need to change the center console to the Dragon one

vent.jpg
[/QUOTE]

you mean like these?:face-icon-small-hap lookin good buddy!
DSCN2273.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
LOL..

nice...thanks for rubbing that in man, you better watch your sled...next time i am there..i will take them off when your sleeping ;)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
was looking to get some inputs from my fellow builders out there..

should i powder coat the RAILS----ORANGE, and the front/rear TORQUE ARMS---BLACK, or the other way around...

the tunnel will look VERY similar to the one in the pic below (orange/black) and will have alot of small parts up front of the sled thats orange as well...

so trying to debate if the orange rails would be too much orange in the rear and not match the front???

inputs??

OrangeBlackVEtunnel.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
not much of an update..but heres where i am sitting so far...

got a FNI headlight delete/intake vent w/light waiting for me to pick up.....still debating if i want to get the mountain fit lightweight IQ hood and install this light, or run a stock hood??? money is tighter then even now..

got alot of small parts powder coated..

need to get the following parts powder coated before i can get any farther
--rear section of the tunnel
--166 rails
--09 front bumper
--holz spindles

then i need to the following after the powder coating is done.
--need to send in primary to get balanced. then powder coat the front cover
--waiting for the machinist to press on my drivers
--need to order up the ALL BALLS driveshaft/jackshaft bearing kits
--need to get a BILLET front motor mount crossmember made, and install compfusion motor mounts, then install motor

ill post some pics as soon as i can, heading out of town this weekend for a week...

also been getting alot of help and support from 2poor and DMJ1 on turbo info, setup......;) REALLY kicking the idea of turbo'ing this baby this winter/spring '11, wont have the money this summer to get everything bought/installed...

but will start getting small parts here and there this summer to get the ball rolling so i can learn more about the setup and whatnot.. ;)

thanks to 2poor for shoving the turbo down my throat, and breaking me, lol

Last edited:
D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
was looking to get some inputs from my fellow builders out there..

should i powder coat the RAILS----ORANGE, and the front/rear TORQUE ARMS---BLACK, or the other way around...

the tunnel will look VERY similar to the one in the pic below (orange/black) and will have alot of small parts up front of the sled thats orange as well...

so trying to debate if the orange rails would be too much orange in the rear and not match the front???

inputs??

OrangeBlackVEtunnel.jpg

That looks really good!!
are you going to drop and roll the chain case while you are at it ??
Once you go boost you will never,ever want to back! LOL!!!

Premium Features