• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BD turbo install

A
Mar 10, 2008
edmonton
hey guys/gals
Going to be getting a BD turbo kit for my apex
anyone suggest anything to make my life easy while install?
anyone have pictures of how there install went?

thanks for all the info
Mike

J
Nov 27, 2007
install

the video is really helpfull. if doing the head shim check your valves before you take the cams off. You can get the feeler guage at most ohv shops. You might also consider coating the header down pipe and exhaust houseing before install. Even if you are going to wrap them to keep the heat away from the brake it will help with rust. Get the adheasive heat barrier that has the fabrick backer for your side panel near the turbo (wps sells it). be carefull when drilling the whole for the exhaust into tunnel your front cooler is right there.
Other than that you may consider changeing your stearing bushings while you are there. You can go with the stockers but they dont last long with the extra heat, I put aftermarket ones from oft in, they are alluminum with an oilite bushing. Drivers would be the other instant change, if you havent already changed them call avid and get the white drivers. the stock or whal will not last long.

Premium Features