• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Standard Bar Controls

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Picking up a standard this year, wondering what my options are to get the controls off the bars or at least cleaned up. I'm also worried about busting the plastic master cylinder.

If I get a new console and console switches can I plug the controls straight in, or what would be need to be done wiring wise? I see rsi makes basically all the controls I would need to replace everything, just not sure how it would all plug in. Hoping for easy.. but assuming it won't be.

What are my options?

Thanks

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Figured you would be the one to know Mountainhorse. Looking forward to seeing what you've got. If swapping parts is as easy as just swapping them that will be an option for me, will be getting my standard before I sell my PRO.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
FWIW, the wiring harnesses for a Pro and RMK are also different. If you aren't swapping harnesses, too, someone might have alittle wiring to do (and unfortunately that voids warranty, also, on a new sled). Interested to see the new MountainHorse solution.

Around 2011 there was a thread going around that outlined an approach and challenges to relo from the bars to the console. RSI isn't selling that panel anymore, was a carryover from the IQ, I believe. More challenges. Good luck.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
This is how I mounted it on my 08 with a pro x brake handle/master cylinder. I made a plate on a Bridgeport with slots for the plugs on the back side that bolted to a handlebar clamp I also made.

IMG_20140808_141333595.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The RSI switch panel is a nice product.

thumbnail.asp

But... it's for PRO RMK wiring harness's ... not the std with the left hand controls.
RSI: Available for Polaris 2011'-2014' Pro RMK chassis with Pro Taper Handlebars.

RSI used to have a kit to convert the Std-RMK to console mounted switches with wiring and all.... no longer has them available... it did require cut/splice into the main harness.

I'm working on mine so that I do not have to cut anything and could put back to stock if I choose.

=====================================================================

I am going with the RSI heat controller in my latest build.

http://www.rsiracing.com/POLARIS-5-LEVEL-HEAT-CONTROLLER_p_85.html

zc-2.jpg

Last edited:

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
RSIRacing has a solution HERE...

Thanks, yeah, that one is a good start. Designed for a pro with pro tapers and with the switches already on the console to separate the thumb control from hand control, but it could be wired to work for a RMK relo with more wiring and additional switches. The one I was referring to that's no longer available was a kit to relo the IQ switches from the bars to the console.

Pro's do not have three bar heat settings, just two. Poo combines low and medium bar circuits for high on the steel barred RMK (total of three), and a separate thumb control. Alum barred Pro has just two settings, medium and high,(low circuit + medium circuit), with no individual low circuit selection, and also combines the thumb warmer control all in the same switch. Low hand circuit with aluminum bars was deemed as pretty useless. Couple of the differences in the harness, there are others. FWIW.

Update - Oops, looks like mountainhorse and I posted at the same time, overlapping info. He pushed first and wins. Good luck.

Last edited:

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
This is how I mounted it on my 08 with a pro x brake handle/master cylinder. I made a plate on a Bridgeport with slots for the plugs on the back side that bolted to a handlebar clamp I also made.

That is awesome. Cleaner and way more functional than than the newer dash mounts. Thanks.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
That is awesome. Cleaner and way more functional than than the newer dash mounts. Thanks.

My buddy now owns the sled as I have a 2015 on the way but I can get more pics this weekend if you'd like. Super strong and fully functional. Only cost $40 for the pro x brake handle, couple dollar tee fitting from the hardware store and welded the holes shut on the brake light pressure switch so I could use the original brake line. No more brake handle that slips up & down due to those stupid plastic threads being stripped out!

TUFFPOLARIS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2011
Alberta
I converted my 2014 standard RMK to the Pro RMK master cylinder and switches on the console. It was not fun. I got my hands on a 2011 Pro wire harness and bought the RSI switch panel, I figured it would be simple. Long story short I spent very many frustrating hours working on my sled. In the end the switches all work like they should, but my hand warmers are not nowhere near as hot as they should be. If id do it again id just leave it as is or buy a Pro. Not worth the time in my opinion.

M

maxitout77

Nov 21, 2010
Vermont
Here was my solution on my '11. Ski Doo Rev master cylinder (was a direct fit), ebay reverse button, RSI throttle block. I wired all the buttons down on the console. Nice and clean.

Messenger_5849293681953232501_13945802884307269.jpg

Messenger_5849293738330437747_13945803018959616.jpg

A
Nov 11, 2010
This is great, currently thinking about doing this on my Indy, seems like a lot of work and Indy's setup looks easiest (and cheapest) but would like the switches on the console for a cleaner look.

Looking forward to seeing what MH comes up with!

Premium Features