• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Titanium full rear suspension for the Pro

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Long story short and in a nut shell enables you to carve easier with alot less effort, tighter carving, as well as dramatically reduces push in the corners, even at low speeds boondocking.Thanks!
Dan
Thanks Dan! What are the down sides?

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Thanks Dan! What are the down sides?
No problem. Well the down sides are few. Basically these for the guys wanting direct replacement arms these will not allow you to do that, and swap from mine to factory in case of a collision, although it is only the upper that has been changed. Another down side would be if you already bought the standard kit you would have to buy uppers again, and so far we are only doing them in Ti, but that will change by September. The up side to that is its a fraction of the cost of a whole kit. Thanks!
Dan

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
No problem. Well the down sides are few. Basically these for the guys wanting direct replacement arms these will not allow you to do that, and swap from mine to factory in case of a collision, although it is only the upper that has been changed. Another down side would be if you already bought the standard kit you would have to buy uppers again, and so far we are only doing them in Ti, but that will change by September. The up side to that is its a fraction of the cost of a whole kit. Thanks!
Dan

Sorry Dan :) I should have worded my response with more clarity. What are the downsides on the Pro in changing the caster angle from 26 to 16 in terms of handling. I am going to guess we loose something on the trail or something?

I had your 36 kit on my 08' Summit, I also had two other guys run your narrow kits, one in TI on on 08'and the other , moly on a 07 Summit. Loved them and and your customer service... Thank you :)

I am in between your kit and Holz for a narrow kit on a 13 PRO I will be getting in moly. Holz seems more stout, yours is lighter. My other concern is Holz was out of there 36's for a little bit last year. I am pretty confident you would work with us in a pinch to get us back on the snow. Now your change in caster is VERY interesting to me! Anything to make the sled handle better off trail is game for me.

Cheers
Shawn

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Sorry Dan :) I should have worded my response with more clarity. What are the downsides on the Pro in changing the caster angle from 26 to 16 in terms of handling. I am going to guess we loose something on the trail or something?

I had your 36 kit on my 08' Summit, I also had two other guys run your narrow kits, one in TI on on 08'and the other , moly on a 07 Summit. Loved them and and your customer service... Thank you :)

I am in between your kit and Holz for a narrow kit on a 13 PRO I will be getting in moly. Holz seems more stout, yours is lighter. My other concern is Holz was out of there 36's for a little bit last year. I am pretty confident you would work with us in a pinch to get us back on the snow. Now your change in caster is VERY interesting to me! Anything to make the sled handle better off trail is game for me.

Cheers
Shawn
So as for any down side on the trail not really any. If anything just another bonus. Less push in the corners for sure. This year we did an amazing job keeping inventory especially considering the amount that went out and I would hope to see next season the same and see no reason we cannot achieve that again. We only a week ago had to send out a replacement without powder coating just for the guy to eliminate any down time especially this close to the end of the season. When I do that the plan is you have the option of sending the part or parts back to me after the seasons over and I have the coated with everything we do during the coarse of the summer. Not sure about stoutness of my arms vrs holtz as I am not personally familiar with them but I can say my arms are considerably stronger than the stockers but at the same time no different than any of our other arms in the fact that bulkhead damage is always a factor in the strength of all that we build. The most durable arm we can construct but not to the point of compromising the frame. Thanks!
Dan

Premium Features