• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Switchback morph

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
It's been a great summer, but now winter is knocking at my door.
My 900 locked up late last year, and is for sale cheap. I'm currently hashing out a deal on a 2013 Pro 163 electric start, I couldn't be more excited!

How was everyone else's summer? Anyone else grabbin a 13?

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
My bank approved my loan this morning, just gotta shuffle some paperwork around now. Should be picking up my 163 Pro inside of 2 weeks!

I had a buyer lined up for my 900, but have lost contact with him. If it doesn't sell as a complete (non-running) unit soon, I will consider parting it out... keep your ears open if you are interested in anything! I will give first grabs here, before it hits fleabay

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
My bank approved my loan this morning, just gotta shuffle some paperwork around now. Should be picking up my 163 Pro inside of 2 weeks!

I had a buyer lined up for my 900, but have lost contact with him. If it doesn't sell as a complete (non-running) unit soon, I will consider parting it out... keep your ears open if you are interested in anything! I will give first grabs here, before it hits fleabay

Good luck with the '13 Dan, I hope it treats you real well:beer;

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Thanks Seth, I hope so too. Im very excited to get a new machine!
Hopefully you will let me ride with you if there are any future 900 rides in Canada lol

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
Danbot - I have a 975 that I have stuck the piston on the PTO side 3 times in 3 years. I read earlier in this thread you were taking the intake and exhaust off to do a leak check.

Can you tell me how you do that?

Last fall I put new intake boots on, new fuel filter, new piston, replated cylinder. I stuck the piston at the end of a 70 mile day in Island Park, ID. I am going to send my injectors to Witch Hunter to get them cleaned and flow checked. If that turns out good I guess i'll go back to looking for an air leak, I think????

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I clamped a PVC threaded cap in the intake boot with a pressure gauge and a valve stem screwed in the end of the cap.
The exhaust side I plugged with a rubber expansion plug right in the exhaust port (y-pipe removed)
You will also have to plug your VES hose

Here is a quickly scabbed pic of a random setup, not mine and slightly different.
Everything.JPG

Everyone has different pressure recommendations, but apply pressure slowly and carefully! I test my engines @6psi for 10 minutes. Any engines that have leaked on me did so VERY quickly... all pressure lost inside of a minute. If they are sealed well, you should see no loss through ten minutes.

If you have a leak, you can use regulated air pressure, and a spray bottle of soapy water to find the problem. If a center crank seal is gone, the leak will bleed into the center cavity, and out its supply hose.

Another thing to keep in mind is that my method does not test the y-pipe gaskets or the y-pipe to pipe seal.... these are also critical sealing points that can essentially be intake leaks as well.

I leakdown test EVERY time I assemble a 2stroke engine.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
You becha!
with a variety of sized of pvc plugs, and expansion plugs that I got so I could test almost any size / style of motor, I think I might have spent $30 between Home Depot, and a small farm supply store.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Dan, you are going to love the Pro, but if you're at all like me, you're going to miss the arm-stretching torque of the 900. After a full season of awesome rides on the Pro, I still miss the power of my nine and unfortunately, a big bore is out of reach for this year. I will get to try one out though, as two of my Hinton riding buddies are doing the PAR 910 in their Pro's this season.

Sent from my iPad when I should be fishing.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
yep the par910 and carls 900 sure sound exciting! big mods like that are usually out of my budget though, im pretty sure this pro is going to do everything I need it to.... remember, I am coming off a 151 900, not a 166 so I should be in for a teat on this 163:face-icon-small-win

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Dan, I didn't mean to rain on your parade at all. The Pro is an awesome sled, but I still miss the arm stretching torque of my nine. Unfortunately, like you, a big bore is not in the budget. I will, however, have a great second season on my Pro. If you can swing it, at least do the HPS can and PAR 13.1:1 head and the needed clutching changes. It makes the sled much more responsive for the dollars spent.

Sent from my iPad when I should be fishing.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Thanks man, no offense taken. My 900 was pretty unreliable for me, so if the 800cfi2 doesn't blow up I'll be happy lol

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
A guy is coming tomorrow to look at my 900, sounds like he's gonna give her a new home! I have to go out and gather all my spares and such in boxes for him tonight.

I spent the day bolting accessories on the new ride. Snowcheck voodoo blue panels, white HD bumper, windshield bag/gauge relocate, Pro Design tether, Muffpot, etc. Should be a pretty rare color combo with the SC white trim panels on a non-SC sled. Lets hear the black or blue comments!
DSCF8032.jpg

DSCF8036.jpg

DSCF8038.jpg

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
While I have always been partial to blue, I think the black looks better personally... that blue just isn't my shade, lol

Jealous either way though!!!!!:beer; Nice ride

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Thanks Seth, I'm pretty stoked to ride her. I like both the black and the blue, but as you can imagine.... there will be an ocean of black pro's out there this year lol.
The SC white trimmed blue panels should be pretty rare to see on a black hooded model, I don't want to look like every other polaris out there! I am keeping the black ones though.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
well, my 900 sold today, buyer has several 866, and 755 sleds. He has a motor ready to install in my old girl. I'll be lurking in here still helping peeps where I can, see ya in the pro ride section!

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Just had to brag, we got a pretty big dump the other day, no base but got out for my first ride on the new sled. I freakin LOVE this sled
IMG_0295.jpg

If you "freakin love" your sled in that much snow, you're gonna make a mess in your pants once you hit the deep pow !!! Have fun, buddy and keep in touch. Still want to ride with ya.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Danbot - I have a 975 that I have stuck the piston on the PTO side 3 times in 3 years. I read earlier in this thread you were taking the intake and exhaust off to do a leak check.

Can you tell me how you do that?

Last fall I put new intake boots on, new fuel filter, new piston, replated cylinder. I stuck the piston at the end of a 70 mile day in Island Park, ID. I am going to send my injectors to Witch Hunter to get them cleaned and flow checked. If that turns out good I guess i'll go back to looking for an air leak, I think????

You could always do what I am doing. Put 900 cylinders and 06 pistons back on it and sell your good 975 cylinder to Guidoxpress.

Premium Features