• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 900 Rebuild

sleddude

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima WA
block off plate

What kind of block off plate did you use for the area where the radiator used to be where the bumper mounts to the bulkhead?

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
What kind of block off plate did you use for the area where the radiator used to be where the bumper mounts to the bulkhead?

Sleddude,

On my prototype we just cut the slp block of plate in half and then some holes around the new bumper arms. Mine unfortunately looks hand done :( , however in the kit we will send you a new block off plate that mounts in the same three top holes on the bulkhead but we are having these laser cut so they'll look tight and right!! :) All will be powdered textured black.

Thanx
-T

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Well sled is done and I'm in Boise for the show. I'll post some pics tomorrow of finished up products. If any of you are coming to Boise snow show please look me up. I'll be happy to show you the new bumper option.

Thanx
-T

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
nice work for sure!! Any thoughts on being able to remove the stock bumper somehow with it yet? Mine is broke and would have to replace it as well.

Any chance you will be at the Snow Show in Washington?

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
nice work for sure!! Any thoughts on being able to remove the stock bumper somehow with it yet? Mine is broke and would have to replace it as well.

Any chance you will be at the Snow Show in Washington?

Thanx deepdiver!!

I'm at the Boise show right now. Put the ol 900 in the Mod show. I think people actually like the 900's they just don't want to tell their friends!!!(LOL) ;) Alot of people I've talked to have said," oh yeah we had one. That thing could climb anything!!) Funny how peer pressure effects people.

Anyway, alot of people have asked about removing the stock front bumper. We looked at the possibility and found that the air gaps left behind by the stock bumper are really very large and mis-shapen. Myself being a lumber salesman for real, and my partner being a steel fabricator, we don't think in plastics very well!! LOL
We are still looking into some kind of vent system but for now it kinda is what it is. Remember my bumper is red to match my build, however we will be powdercoating these a textured black and they really are going to look like a stock system. (I don't knoewif that is good or bad. :confused:) What I do know is it won't feel stock when your in over the handlebars looking to get out!! :D
Fortunately for you the stock bumper I believe is only in the $50 range. My fenders were $165 each!! Hopefully that is the only piece you broke!! I'm guessing not however,(thanks Polaris.)

Thanx again deep
-T

Oh yeah I forgot. Are you refering to the Spokane show or the Puyallup Show in Wa?

Last edited:
T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Final Pics

I could not remember if I posted the final pics of the sled project. But apparently not. Here are a couple at the Boise Mod Show. :D
I love the eyes from Arctic FX!!! (Mean!!!)LOL :D
Bumper looks good too!! If I don't mind saying myself!! HaHa!!
Thanx
-T

finished 001.jpg

finished 004.jpg

finished 003.jpg

finished 002.jpg

finished 005.jpg

finished 006.jpg

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
treedog it turned out awesome i like that racer hood what did the final weight come out at?

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
treedog it turned out awesome i like that racer hood what did the final weight come out at?

There are still ?'s about the scale!! The next attempt will be with full fuel, oil and other liquids, but my feelilng on the 1st weight was under 480lbs!!
Thanx for cudos
-T

BTW; thanx for buying the deck Boondocking800, it was nice to meet you and be sure to call me for a ride this winter!! :D
-T

Premium Features