• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best suspension out there

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
This one is set up for even more ski pressure. Just have to adjust them for what you want to do. Another Timbersled

View attachment 118682
Actually for drag racing you want the skid to transfer and lift the ski's so the weight is on the track. Looks to me like alot of spinning. It is completely opposite from a mountain setup. Also looks like the track is to loose. A tight track is a fast track in drag racing, ask any asphalt or grass, or ice race guy that knows how to win.
Just sayin:face-icon-small-win

B

boosted metal

Apr 4, 2008
kelowna,b.c
Anyone run a holtz on a 162 tapex?? I have ran 3 fast m10 skids and 1 crracing m10. I had issues w the earlier m10's breaking rails at the front rail bumper. Also the upper arm rear cross shaft bending w the rear spring loaded up.I rode w chads m10 and never any issues.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I ran a Timbersled for 3 years. In fact I had one of the first kits. I could bend the rear arm every year. Every year TS would update and they finally addressed the issues (out of my pocket) which was good but I could still wear all the bushings out every year. The skid worked best with the X Float update but I never did like Fox Floats. They are junk IMO. I will say TS has awesome customer service and they always made time to figure solutions and make the customer happy. I sold the skid this year and am not looking back lol. I think the TS front and rear suspension is under engineered for my riding style.

This year I am trying a Baker with his Elka in the rear and a Z-bros in the front. I have to say Zbros have been awesome to deal with from the very first time I spoke with them. Baker, Daryll and Lance seem to make a very nice product built strong and well engineered. Should be a great piece to mount under my Apex. I am using Bakers chromoly front arm without the stock linkage. I also will not be using the adj limiter. Full ride report soon !

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
Actually for drag racing you want the skid to transfer and lift the ski's so the weight is on the track. Looks to me like alot of spinning. It is completely opposite from a mountain setup. Also looks like the track is to loose. A tight track is a fast track in drag racing, ask any asphalt or grass, or ice race guy that knows how to win.
Just sayin:face-icon-small-win

I hear ya on that. We made a few hasty adjustments to the skids to have a bit of fun at these drag races and we definitely didn't have enough transfer. I was merely trying to point out that with adjustment the skid can be made to do what you want. I constantly read comments that you cannot keep the skis down with a Timbersled.

Premium Features