• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No Polaris at Outlaws Swap Meet

M

MN 660

Nov 27, 2007
MN
Spend Saturday, 8-28-2010 at Outlaws Swap Meet In Princeton, MN. Another excellent swap and drags but once again no factory Polaris showing. The other three mfgs. were there in full show with sleds, atv's, utv's and sides x sides. The other three had all their units there for demo on the atv demo track. That new 1000 cc side x side from Skidoo rips!!

Appears Polaris's push on the Rush was a one year thing as I only saw two 010 used Rushs for sale.

What happened to the new Pro-Ride line form Polaris? I know the new 011 are not yet made but what about the proto types? Is Polaris the next mfg to go?

Have been riding RMK's for thiry years but the new 011 800 HCR looked good on Saturday!!

T
Dec 25, 2007
Not really a surprise that Polaris wasn't there...more a surprise that the others were. I used to work with another vendor (to remain nameless) that really hated the show because it was all talk and no money. Considering that Haydays exists in the same state, and that the opening race of the ISOC series is Polaris sponsored (Duluth), I think they have decided to put their product where the money flows a little better.:hat:

And about the rush: you only saw two for sale. Not necessarily a bad thing. If those who bought them last year liked them, they won't be selling them. No idea if this is the case, but certainly another more positive possibility. :face-icon-small-hap

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I know a dealer who went through the same ordeal. He had demo days every winter so that he could give people a taste of what is available. He also had some other stuff like turbos and performance kits. But at the end of the day it was a bunch of people beating his stuff up and often crashing the equipment. Very little sales came from the experience. What treemagnet said made a lot of sense.

M

MN 660

Nov 27, 2007
MN
Player or not a player!!

If the other three are there which they have been for the past plus years then Polaris needs to be there! It still comes down to exposure. If the other three are there you better be there or be ready to loss your share of the market!

Last edited:
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Despite Polaris not attending, you are talking about the, you know their product line and you know what is going to be new in their line up. You are aware of their prices, options and where to find them. Suppose they would have sold anything additional if they had been there?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
If the other three are there which they have been for the past plus years then Polaris needs to be there! It still comes down to exposure. If the other three are there you better be there or be ready to loss your share of the market!

Do you think Polaris' snowmobile market share is going down or up this year (from last year)? ;)

I get what you are saying, but marketing is expensive and you have to pick your places. I'm just speculating, it's not even September yet!!!!

M

MN 660

Nov 27, 2007
MN
Player or Not?

As is the standard in all trade/swap meet/shows little product is sold the actual days of the event. The true measure is 1 to 12 months down the road when that attendee walks into the local dealership and makes a decision to buy based on the idea that was place in his thought process as he/she attend events loke swap meets or trade shows. You can read and look at all the pictures you want the customer still wants to feel and touch the product which can only be done at swap meets and trade shows. Where else can you jump on a sled or atv from numerous mfgs.s in just a few hours and get that idea planted in you mind? Sure Polaris is at the race in Duluth in Nov. but the public that will keep all the mfgs. in business is not the race sleds sold but the average 40-70 year old consumers that have the disposable income to buy the rest of the sled lineup. This large (77 m) group are the current ones with buying power and will be the ones attending swap meet/trade shows. Will Polaris lose a share of the market? Many factors beyound our control to include weather, current political party in power, etc. will make that decision.

Premium Features