• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Lightweight front end /07 Tapex Mtn SE

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I had one day on barkbusters, on a rev though, that I would have gave them a way. It was spring snow. It was wet and heavy. His spindle design would let my ski over extend. It would turn the ski straight in the air and stop me cold. I went over the bar, through the bars, and every which way you could do it, about 20 times. It was the only day I had it happen. I don't know whether I could put a shim under the rubber, in the saddle, to fix it or not. I have ate on heim joint every year. I usually pack an extra. Other than that no real problems.
Scott's stuff looks awesome.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
How much weight are we talking about here?

i doubt you can lose 10lbs off the front unless you do the light weight pin kit too from nextec for the apex because a-arms are lighter on the apex vs my vec was steel arms.but it was the cheapest way i could find at the time & worked good in the end + i was running out of stock parts to get rid of:D:beer;

B
May 3, 2008
Lower Mainland BC
www.youtube.com
:beer;
i doubt you can lose 10lbs off the front unless you do the light weight pin kit too from nextec for the apex because a-arms are lighter on the apex vs my vec was steel arms.but it was the cheapest way i could find at the time & worked good in the end + i was running out of stock parts to get rid of:D:beer;

I forgot about Nextech
1530USD for CF front suspension, 11 lbs with the aluminum pins.
Add the additional weight loss by adding
the MPI lightweight spindles= 18 lbs

:beer; Thank you iamvector:D

PS~I also have a CF 162 RT1000 w/diamond drive
CF has amazing properties.:beer;

Last edited:
Premium Features