• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Axys-IQR race sled

J
Jul 18, 2014
Looks like a mod-race version this race season turning into production for 2017? Saw a few photos floating around on facebook today. looks pretty sweet

attachment.php

J

j9845

Apr 29, 2009
Look on Polaris snowmobiles Facebook page. They have it on there

sledhappy

Premium Member
Nov 22, 2008
They must have faith in the new chassis. The IQR has been the go to for years now.
Usually it seems like it comes out on the race sled them migrates into production. This time prove it with the consumers then go to the track.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
It looks like an iqr bulkhead/tunnel with Axys plastics. Look closely at the bulkhead, it's still a welded unit.

It's the same bulkhead with new plastics and a new rider position/steering.
Same great IQR with 10 years of refinement coming together at once.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Anyone aware (in the know) of the plastic fitment particulars?

Stock AXYS plastics?
Custom cut stock AXYS plastics?
Minor bulkhead mods to make plastics fit?
IQR/AXYS hybrid Molded plastics?

I have 3 I'd be interested in updating, depending on what's involved.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
I know their where a couple guys that had the Pro-Ride plastic mounted on the IQR. I am guessing it wouldn't be that much more of a step to put the Axys plastic on.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
How dissimilar are the ProRide or Axys bulkheads to the IQR bulkhead?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
SOME MORE PHOTOS OF THE AXYS MOD-RACE SLED

Heres another couple from a different angle.

Looks like a "pebble" finish HDPE side panel.
Since the "plastic shop" is at the Roseau Plant location... prob pretty easy for them to run what they need to.

Cool looking to me.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Besides them being cast and glued VS. Traditional sheet, riveted, welded construction...the pro and axys are very similar to the IQR geometrically and ergonomically.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Yes, and it stands to reason, because the R&D for the PRO was done using full mod IQR's, at least according to the people I have talked to who I believe are in the know. When you start pulling the critical measurements it becomes more and more believable.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
When you put an IQR and an Axys spindle to spindle next to each other, things like engine placement, handle bar location, rider ergonomics all get really close. The Axys trail sleds have the steering and steering post setup just like the IQR. It's crazy to think that a design that was introduced back when the EDGE chassis was current is the platform that is still relevant today in the racing circuits and the basis for these "leading edge design" chassis we are getting now.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
with that mesh in the headlight pod I bet it doubles as an air intake. I would hope it weren't expecting the roost from the sled in front directly injecting snert in it.

Premium Features