• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why do YOU pay to use this site?

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
Not a lot of people here from when this site first decided to go to a pay site that I remember, a few but not a lot.
Anyway, anyone who remembers me will know I raised hell here when it was stated it would be a pay site.
I called Christopher every name in the book.
I fought the fight and was extremely vocal about it and refused to ever even consider paying for SW.
I was "Perma banned" along with all the originals that formed BCR and I've been there ever since.
Until recently...
As you can see I now pay to use SW simply because it's worth it.
If you don't think so then try BCR or S&M or any of the others and you'll get exactly what you pay for.
I'm no longer 18 years old so BCR got just plain rough and mean in my opinion.
No one's twisting your arm though.
I get how this could make you mad but just suck it up buttercup and pay the small amount and swallow your pride.

Last edited:

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
You guys that are complaining about the ads .. .and for those who are gonna come after this post and complain about the ads . .. ...ADBLOCK!!!!!!!!!!! .. .simple as that . .. .NO MORE ADS!!!!! . .gettit! ... . ..and just for of the ones who can't read . . . . .AAHHD BLAAWK!

Ad blockers don't get rid of the ad space, which was a complaint about viewable area. The ads don't bother me, its the space they take up, gettit! DOUNUT WURK!:face-icon-small-win You shouldn't have a problem with the AD's your a non paying member. just saying:light:

Last edited:
B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
Paying for a site rubs me the wrong way. There is a lot of ad revenue and should be revenue from vendors as well. To me that equals no reason to charge the general members since they actually make this site what it is. I find far more tech and info on riding areas I use on other free sites. I come here because I am obsessed with sledding not because it has the most valuable information. I think it's a good community but more so if you ride in the states.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I sometimes wonder if the non-paying members who use this site (which is paid for by the other paying members and advertisers) are the same guys who skate by without buying a trail permit, while others pay their way there also?

F_ck 'til Friday people! If you enjoy the site, please do not be afraid to support it!

M

m8braaaap

Banned
Dec 3, 2012
mancos colorado
Paying for a site rubs me the wrong way. There is a lot of ad revenue and should be revenue from vendors as well. To me that equals no reason to charge the general members since they actually make this site what it is. I find far more tech and info on riding areas I use on other free sites. I come here because I am obsessed with sledding not because it has the most valuable information. I think it's a good community but more so if you ride in the states.

I get my snow conditions by living in the mountains that I ride!! there is not another site with more mechanical info than snowest, that why I pay, and of course fouled plug.there are a few people on this forum that know what they are talking about.like mafesto for example.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I get my snow conditions by living in the mountains that I ride!! there is not another site with more mechanical info than snowest, that why I pay, and of course fouled plug.there are a few people on this forum that know what they are talking about.like mafesto for example.

In all fairness, I am full of crap a lot of the time also!

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
In all fairness, I am full of crap a lot of the time also!

..well ..I mean .. ya do live in North East South Dakota. . . ..I can only imagine how much of a struggle that is to tell folks . .. . ..over and over. . .and .. over .. :boink::boink::bolt:

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
I sometimes wonder if the non-paying members who use this site (which is paid for by the other paying members and advertisers) are the same guys who skate by without buying a trail permit, while others pay their way there also?

F_ck 'til Friday people! If you enjoy the site, please do not be afraid to support it!

Nice try, not paying a corporation to use a site that only has value because of the members' experience and posts is a far cry from cheating a small club out of grooming revenue.

Yeah I do too but occasionally I like to venture away from home to some of the mountain riding meccas. Don't know what sled you ride but for me there is a manufacturer's forum that is second to none on tech info.

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
I have been on this site as long as anyone out there. Still don't see the reason to pay. If you want to pay, cool, good for you. If you don't want to pay. cool, good for you.

Take everyone for what they contribute, not if they pay. Personally I have only came across a couple of threads that went over the 75 mark that I wanted to read.

But I am not going to discriminate against some one just because they do or don't pay for a web forum.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
don't worry, us paying customers will pay to keep the forum going for all you Obamacare members!!!

And of course the "Basic" members will continue to receive more on here while those that payed up will stay the same. Kinda sounds like welfare doesn't, receive off the backs of those that pay.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I have been on this site as long as anyone out there. Still don't see the reason to pay. If you want to pay, cool, good for you. If you don't want to pay. cool, good for you.

Take everyone for what they contribute, not if they pay. Personally I have only came across a couple of threads that went over the 75 mark that I wanted to read.

But I am not going to discriminate against some one just because they do or don't pay for a web forum.

But you are willing to pass along the red rep.........I suppose because that's free too?

Premium Features