• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Slowest back in effect..

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Not sure why, but my account has been down for 5 days aside from a little window yesterday morning.

Not sure what causes that, but seems like other people's accounts were just fine, but I got nothing but kicked out, 404, empty page that said "here", DB error, and "your post will need to be reviewed by an administrator before it is posted"

Really odd.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
ok..there is a perception amongst many paid members that the unpaid are somewhat expendable...but with only 7 percent of snowest 50,000 membership being paid members i have to enlighten the fact that the advertisers are definately interested in the other 43,000 regular members...so i guess what im trying to say is that us REGULAR members are still the BACKBONE on this site as far as the REVENUE generating advertisers are concerned....soooooooo....don;t upset the Regs...!!...they still are the foundation of this site and the paid members are...well...well..just paid members...lol..

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
ok..there is a perception amongst many paid members that the unpaid are somewhat expendable...but with only 7 percent of snowest 50,000 membership being paid members i have to enlighten the fact that the advertisers are definately interested in the other 43,000 regular members...so i guess what im trying to say is that us REGULAR members are still the BACKBONE on this site as far as the REVENUE generating advertisers are concerned....soooooooo....don;t upset the Regs...!!...they still are the foundation of this site and the paid members are...well...well..just paid members...lol..

:)
o.jpg

B
Dec 15, 2008
empire, co
Not sure why, but my account has been down for 5 days aside from a little window yesterday morning.

Not sure what causes that, but seems like other people's accounts were just fine, but I got nothing but kicked out, 404, empty page that said "here", DB error, and "your post will need to be reviewed by an administrator before it is posted"

Really odd.

And it's down again. (404 first time, blank page with "here" 2nd time.)
My wife can log in no problem though...wtf?

This has been constant for 6 days now.

Last edited:
M

mastertech

Mar 24, 2009
Cambridge/McCall Id.
www.snowestonline.com

Very well put. I totally agree with you on the "basic" members are very important. I dont think anyone has disputed that fact. But I dont see any need for ignorant people to bash the site and the site operators. Every where you go, every site you go to is going to make changes. ITS THERE SITE!!!!

Any ways, Im going to go stink up the ladies room in the office. Have a great day people!

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah

Really odd.

a Mod put you on a "time out" as christopher put it to me once.

I had the same chit going on a while back. I could get on with my phone but not a computer........

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Unplug your router...wait 60 seconds plug back in

new IP addess...time out over?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
a Mod put you on a "time out" as christopher put it to me once.

I had the same chit going on a while back. I could get on with my phone but not a computer........

They claimed that was not the case. It seems like it's fine now. I just love how none of the mods had time to actually PM me back though when it was a problem. Thanks a bunch fellas.

K
Feb 8, 2010
Sounds like your the not to bright guy.. How and why is a guy suppose to be here 24/7 to fix the problems with out making a living.. Im not deffending anyone. But it is completely STUPID to think that anyones time is free.

Will you come to my shop and work 40 hrs a week for free and then tollerate me bashing you because your work isnt good enough when I got it for free?? But I quess once again.. Thats just how my brain works!

crazy enough there are other sites out there running that dont have all these issues!!! Not wanting ot get in a pissing match with you just stating the obvious.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yesterday I shut down both servers and pulled them out of the rack to install another 32GB of RAM.

We were down for a good hour all total.
But the performance increase was well worth the time.

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
I have never had speed issues but I have cable abet slow cable and I use firefox as should everone else( I really like firefox, most of the time!).

Just thought I would let you know!

Premium Features