• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

forum all f***** up

deboer

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2009
Archer, IA (Northwest IA)
Hey I have a question also. Why is it OK for you to use profanity on a site that kids and families visit? Does that seem OK to you? I know you have a question for Christopher and that is fine. But why do you need to swear to ask your question?

the last post i quoted says my side pretty good but
i'm 16 and everybody i know swears a couple times a day at lest nomatter what

I'll explain. You choose the one you like the best.

This forum is owned by a business. That business needs to make money to continue "being in business." Forum advertising generates money, but not enough to cover operating expenses. Therefore, SnoWest decided to charge.

Or, many think that SnoWest should use the forums as a loss leader (ie, run the forums at a loss to stimulate magazine sales). However, that would only work if it was actually stimulating magazine sales. Magazine sales are lagging, therefore SnoWest decided to charge.

Or, magazine companies are increasingly threatened with extinction in the internet era. They have to find some way to create a primary revenue stream using the internet, or die. Therefore, SnoWest decided to charge.

Or, SnoWest is run by morons. Therefore, they decided to charge.

My guess is that a few will go with the last option.

i forgot what i was going to say about this

It truley is about the money plain and simple.In another thread on this site a sled dealer stated that shop rate are up to as much asc 100 an hour now because of no sled sales and they have to get it some where. same as here these magazines are nothing but a bunch of advertising and not worth reading at all. i paid here but am slowly moving away. some qwill stay some will not.In my opinion the break up of the old snowest is tragic to say the least.

yes i know its about money if they didn't want money they would not have changed this. and why make us pay if thinks start coasting more make the sponcers pay more and up untill all the admins we didn't have any problems

why the *$&%^ are we even having a $%&*$ing conversatio about foul language when it's asterisked out in the first place?

Does this not seem moronic to ANYONE else??

Btw, if you're old enough to be on a computer & surfing the intrawebz, you've heard all sorts of *!**ing swear words. Thank goodness the holier than thou types are protecting us from ourselves.

Also, any woman who sleds is a badass in the first place & has heard it before, probably the first time they got stuck & told their **^*ing husband to get the **** over here & help out!!!!! :face-icon-small-hap:

SO @#*@# you then!!!!:p:p:p:p:p

i like that one. haha

deboer

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2009
Lol, it shows.:face-icon-small-hap

so waht yuor syiang you have a problem with people who can't ''spell 100%'' of the time

even though the adverage person only needs the first and the last letter of every word to be in order in order to read it and the other one can be all messed up

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
so waht yuor syiang you have a problem with people who can't ''spell 10%'' of the time

Fixed it for you.

even though the adverage person only needs the first and the last letter of every word to be in order in order to read it and the other one can be all messed up

Let us know how that career flipping burgers works out for you. BTW, shouldn't you be in school right now?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
doo man 8,

On a forum where we communicate our ideas & opinions in WRITING....

I don't think you're going to get much sympathy for a poor ability to communicate what you're saying. Yes, after some internal translation we can figure it out, but it's just plain painful reading poorly written posts. I may be able to write properly, but my little brain hurts when trying to read that kind of thing!!

And SB is right about the reality of the world around us, life is easier when you can communicate effectively. I put mud on the wall for a decent amount of years (drywall taper), if I couldn't spell or write well I wouldn't be managing a company now, I'd still be putting mud on the wall. (sorry, that was my first grown up rant... wow, is that really what it feels like from the other side???:face-icon-small-sho)

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
Thanks!

I just want to say thank you to all the people who work on this site. I think it has changed for the better. I am glad they have set a higher standard for snowmobile forums. It won't hurt you guys with 4 letter word vocabularies to expand your english language skills. Just because you can cuss doesn't mean you should. It was amazing that we hadn't had to pay for this site until now, with how popular and useful it was, I always wondered when that day would come. Com'on , just using the classifieds is worth the price, I have sold and bought a ton of stuff on here. We got spoiled when it was free.

This site is awsome, thanks guys,

Jim B

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
The problem I have is do you mods really think that somebody reading a thread with some good advice, and wanting to share it is really going to pay for that? Cutting the threads off half way through is a complete joke IMO!

I just got my Snowest renewal in the mail yesterday, and ripped it up. I'm not about to give any more money to these guys just for the principal of it. I know for a fact it doesn't cost that much money to run a forum. I can see giving the guys who pay special benefits or whatever, but don't take away what we already had. That's bull chit, and everybody on here knows it.

Now can somebody please start this thread over, so us poor peaons can keep reading it?

H

hurleyboarder21

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2003
Snohomish, WA
First of all, there are a bunch of forums out there that host a larger amount of members, more/ better "features", and are FREE. Also, if I am PAYING for this service (snowest), i should be able to speak my mind, no matter what it might be. As for kids reading the forum, they probably SAY/HEAR worse at school and on the mountain.

So I'm curious why some of the people think that the women on here shouldn't hear cussing? I know for a fact I have a worse mouth on me than my husband when we are out snowmobiling. So please don't use women as an excuse to stop the cussing - we can be just as bad as the guys!

On the flip side - I really have no problems editing the bad words because there ARE kids on here (no, I'm not talking the 16 year olds - I'm talking about the 10 year olds). Yes, they probably do hear it at school and at home, and yes, they probably know what B***H means, but that doesn't mean they should be able to recognize it if they don't. Now, to play devil's advocate - where are the parents? I know alot of parents that will read a thread before they let their kids read it. If it contains content not appropriate for their child, no reading for them. Why don't parents monitor their usage instead of giving them free reign on the internet? There are much worse sites out there than snowest...

I am curious - where are the moderators in this conversation? If you want to stop the bickering, you need to step up and start responding in a smart, skillful way instead of just banning certain posts. Just my humble opinion... I'm going snowmobiling, so have fun!

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
I believe the issue about kids isn't just for the older teens. There are younger ones, and the parents/grandparents (male and female) who have kids on their laps, or sitting next to them, while they are on here.

We came across this very issue the other night in another area. Both male and female chimed in on what was posted as their younger kids were right there with them.

deboer

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2009
Let us know how that career flipping burgers works out for you. BTW, shouldn't you be in school right now?

ya i wont since i work for John Deere as a tech and AMS consultant.
so i'll let you tell me how it goes

doo man 8,

On a forum where we communicate our ideas & opinions in WRITING....

I don't think you're going to get much sympathy for a poor ability to communicate what you're saying. Yes, after some internal translation we can figure it out, but it's just plain painful reading poorly written posts. I may be able to write properly, but my little brain hurts when trying to read that kind of thing!!

And SB is right about the reality of the world around us, life is easier when you can communicate effectively. I put mud on the wall for a decent amount of years (drywall taper), if I couldn't spell or write well I wouldn't be managing a company now, I'd still be putting mud on the wall. (sorry, that was my first grown up rant... wow, is that really what it feels like from the other side???:face-icon-small-sho)

well get over it

So I'm curious why some of the people think that the women on here shouldn't hear cussing? I know for a fact I have a worse mouth on me than my husband when we are out snowmobiling. So please don't use women as an excuse to stop the cussing - we can be just as bad as the guys!

On the flip side - I really have no problems editing the bad words because there ARE kids on here (no, I'm not talking the 16 year olds - I'm talking about the 10 year olds). Yes, they probably do hear it at school and at home, and yes, they probably know what B***H means, but that doesn't mean they should be able to recognize it if they don't. Now, to play devil's advocate - where are the parents? I know alot of parents that will read a thread before they let their kids read it. If it contains content not appropriate for their child, no reading for them. Why don't parents monitor their usage instead of giving them free reign on the internet? There are much worse sites out there than snowest...

I am curious - where are the moderators in this conversation? If you want to stop the bickering, you need to step up and start responding in a smart, skillful way instead of just banning certain posts. Just my humble opinion... I'm going snowmobiling, so have fun!

that is a good point where is he????:face-icon-small-fro

Either way though, it's already asterisked out. So, again, what is the conversation about?

Nobody says squat about people using "chitty" or "****er", but we're horribly offended by ****??

WT*?

well when i posted it i wanted to know why this is all happening
cause when Christopher sends me a PM i just delete it and don't even read it

we need a spelling bee section for the hillbillys

how about you shut up now:violin:

Premium Features