• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I am getting a VIRUS alert trying to log into snowest

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
love this site but this "virus" or whatever u wanna call it is THE ****Z!!! :mad: AND U want us to start paying??? BTW friend told me if you see the pop up dont touch it.. press control alt delete and close all internet windows through task manager and it will stop.. worked for me... AFTER calling my computer guy for the 3rd time in two weeks POS :mad:

Snoboner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle Point, OR
Just happened:mad: to me AGAIN! :mad: Either Some one is getting paid for this pop up or the Tech Heads at Harris have no idea how to get rid of it!

S
failboatlg0.jpg

I mean, I want to say "hey guys, here's a good example of why you shouldn't use internet explorer!" but, seriously, this shouldn't happen on what should be a trusted site. (I'll park my truck with the keys in it at home, for example.) Christopher, tell your bosses to go down into the basement and unplug the frakin' thing. Your server can stay up and the only people it'll be "down" for are the ones that don't have snowestonline.com bookmarked (since going directly to the forums is fine.)

Sad part is that this is not the first time that site has been hacked like this. Tell them to update their bloody CMS or something.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have asked and asked for them to resolve this issue.
I do NOT know what it hasn't been killed off yet.
I fired off 3 more e-mails on it today alone.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just got the following reply.

We're working on getting it gone permanently. Right now, around midnight, it is getting attacked every night and we are correcting it every morning.

So it appears to be a persistent attack against the SnoWest site every night that they have not been able to prevent yet. They are trying to put up a system to block the attacks once and for all.

Premium Features