• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wont rev over 6500

Soo I took my M7 out for its first actual run! I just had to replace the stator right after I bought it!! But it wont rev over 6500 Rpms!! It comes upto therer like a bat out a hell!! Then it just seems to bog and there is no more power!! Can they get stuck in like a choke mode?? Seems like it is getting to much fuel!! changed the plugs!! The only other thing is my throttle monotoring switch is unplugged! I left it unplugged cause it wont buld any RPM when it is plugged!! Anways guys any thoughts before I take it into the shop?? By the way absolutly love that sled soo much fun to ride much better than my el tigre hahahha!

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
It's a few hundred R's low but check and make sure your power valves are adjusted right and working. After you start it they should cycle once. If they do not or the cycle several times, you have a problem with either adjustment or the servo. Usually you see this at 67 to 6800 R's but check it out anyway.

soo whats the top revs on these engines?? Its a 2005 m7! that cant be all it has I mean my buddy has an RMK 700 and it pulls way harder than mine! It feels like I am hitting a brick wall just as it hits powerband!

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
You have been fighting this thing since the day you bought it. If you would fill out your profile we would know who you were and where you were at. Then maybe someone could direct you to a good dealer or repair shop. It sounds like yours is not doing their job. If you were around here I would help you myself.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
You probably should go over your wiring very thoughly. Any extra draw or too little draw will set these things into a limp mode. There is a diagnostic light on the ecu that should flash a code if there are any problems. The dealer should have checked all that out, but from what I have seen of your post, I don't think the dealer is doing very well for you. There are several topics on here with guys with wiring problems, check them out.

Premium Features