• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Video: Turbo Dragon, Turbo M7, Turbo Rx-1, Turbo Apex

X
Nov 26, 2007
This is just a quick post for my buddies Zeb (zebiraross) and Andrew (twsandrew). http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWe-tM4AyU8 Zeb/Andrew - the better parts are toward the middle to end of the video...

The sleds filmed are:

2006 M7 with BD Turbo running 12 lbs. (2860) - Andrew's Sled
2007 Dragon 700 with Aero 53 running 10 lbs.
2003-4 Rx-1 with BD Turbo running 14 lbs. (2871) - Zeb's Sled
2007 Apex Mtn with BD Turbo running 12.5 lbs. (2871)
2006 Apex Mtn with BD Turbo running 12 lbs. (25 Series)

This was taken earlier in the season in the Utah backcountry. I own the 2007 Apex with the 2871 and to all those Apex naysayers, honestly I have been amazed at the handling and maneuverability of the sled in deep snow. It is by far the most enjoyable sled I've owned. Before you dis, ride one and make up your own mind. :)

Last edited:
X
Nov 26, 2007
Now that's an interesting question...all depends on snow, setup, and most importantly how much boost. All the sleds run extremely well and are a blast to ride. As far as power and track speed, the list would probably be:

RX-1/Apex 2871
M7 2860
Apex 25
Dragon 53

All have their strong points, if all we wanted to do was drag race them, we'd build a purpose built 4-stroke of some sort. The Dragon may be one of the most nimble, fun sleds around but at this point I wouldn't trade in my Apex for it. To each his own but the tq, track speed and quality of the Apex is reeeeally hard to beat.

Now that I've completely avoided your question, I think you can tell from the video which ones win...:)

Last edited:
S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
sweet video . glad u like ur 4 stroker . i just upgraded my TM7 to the 2871 and the PL box and shains fix . way better than last season . thanx for the video
mike:D

X
Nov 26, 2007
M7s are what started all the rage IMO. Shain knows as much as anyone in that regard - if anyone can squeeze a bit more out of that sled it would be him. I wouldn't mind picking up another M7T as a second sled.....that is, if the Nytro weren't so cool! :)

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
So i guess you are a flat lander .:confused:

Next time try to find some sort of a small hill before you whip out the camera . I feel like i need to go over to the tow rope to get a ride to the top. Bunny Hill !:D Nice Turbo sleds ladies , where do you ride ?

X
Nov 26, 2007
So i guess you are a flat lander .:confused:

Next time try to find some sort of a small hill before you whip out the camera . I feel like i need to go over to the tow rope to get a ride to the top. Bunny Hill !:D

Yup, flatlanders...no doubt about that...the steeps give us all the willies - that's why we chose such mild sleds...;) Some of us ride far more than we film and are lucky to get any footage at all.

Sorry, I just noticed your edit: I'm fairly certain you answered your own question - we ladies ride the flatlands with our nice turbo sleds.

Last edited:
Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
Thanks for posting Nate. Reason we were not on any big hills is about 1/2 hour before shooting this I tore my knee up, was high on what ever pain med they gave me, and they were trying to take it easy on me. This was 3 weeks ago and I still can hardly walk on it. Guess I better get to the doc...BTW they are all Very fun sleds in a lot of different ways. Nate, go ahead and take your Apex off the trading post:face-icon-small-win

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Sweet, i wish we could get that many turbos together up here to ride, looks like fun.

X
Nov 26, 2007
Sweet, i wish we could get that many turbos together up here to ride, looks like fun.

That trip was mild, to say the least. There were a couple times last season when we had over 12 turbos riding together - not much fun as all the good lines get eaten up waaaaay too quick...

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
wow nice guys guess 2stroke &4stroke turbo guys can get along:D, cool to see them all climbing & riding together to give perspective.looks like everyone was having fun so i guessed you answered the great snowest debate whats more fun 2or4stroke turbo looks like they both are to me:rolleyes::beer;:beer;

X
Nov 26, 2007
wow nice guys guess 2stroke &4stroke turbo guys can get along:D, cool to see them all climbing & riding together to give perspective.looks like everyone was having fun so i guessed you answered the great snowest debate whats more fun 2or4stroke turbo looks like they both are to me:rolleyes::beer;:beer;

On that note, we're heading up to the cabin to do it all over again! There is no doubt that the 4-strokes make more consistent power, but the 2's are about as zippy and fun to ride as anything around. I say, stop the pissing matches and ride. :)

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Looks like you guys can really ride and fun is what matters ! There should be a support group those jealous people who are not man enough ride a turbo. Thanx for the video.

S

Smashcat900

Apr 21, 2006
Hermiston Oregon
www.myspace.com
Don't own a turbo...yet! Your video is making me think long and hard about it though. You gave me a whole new outlook about the 4 stroke. Looks like alot of fun! Thanks fellers! Did I mention those things sound BAD AZZ?

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
My T Nytro is done so I will be selling at least one on my two 28RS BD TM7s. Both are 05 LEs with many mods. The main difference is the black one in the vid has full Holz skid, the orange only has the Holz brackets. PM me if interested.

I don't understand why people are brand whores. Ride what is best and what you have the most fun on and don't bash anyone elses. Nate said it best yesterday. Something like "I love it when we come up to a group all trying to climb a hill..." Its pretty fun when you can let an XP get a 1/3 hill lead (or 1/2 hill lead in the case of TApex) and still beat them to the top.

Premium Features