• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone using Dayco XTX belts on the Axys?

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
I've used the Dayco XTX 5020 belt on my last two Pros and really like them.. They've lasted great and worked great ... Now Im looking for an after-market belt for my 17 assault and according to the Dayco fitment page it says to use the same 5020 belt... But from what I understand the axys takes a different belt then the pro?? Only one mention I can find in searching belts of anyone using the XTX 5020 so looking for a little input if anyone has ran the 5020 ..or another xtx number??... Thanks fellas

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I've used the Dayco XTX 5020 belt on my last two Pros and really like them.. They've lasted great and worked great ... Now Im looking for an after-market belt for my 17 assault and according to the Dayco fitment page it says to use the same 5020 belt... But from what I understand the axys takes a different belt then the pro?? Only one mention I can find in searching belts of anyone using the XTX 5020 so looking for a little input if anyone has ran the 5020 ..or another xtx number??... Thanks fellas

I believe if you liked them before not sure why you wouldn't now. Make sure they have a part number for the Axys though.

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
The dayco xtx5020 has held up the best on my sidekick axys. I tried stock gates and dayco. The difference between the pro and axys belts was just a compound change so that is irrelevant on aftermarket belts. Both the stock belt and gates belts exploded into hundreds of pieces when the dayco failed it pulled a cord and ripped some of the top off. Way less mess and easier on the crank

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
The question is why no different belt number on the Dayco list when the polaris brand pro and axys belts are different?? ...yep..im way happy with the xtx..just wondering if other guys have ran the 5020 on the axys without issues . .

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
The pro belt and the axys belt are the same dimensions just a different belt compound. Aftermarket companies use their own compound that might work for 2 different sleds and seems how they are the same size it will work on either.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I use the XTX5020 on my Axys, but I had Cascade Clutch Performance balance and true the sheaves. I never ran the OEM belt, it's sits in the belt holder.

I haven't had any problems even with my BMP860 and 3.2" track.

xmk1080

Lifetime Membership
Sep 23, 2008
i believe the main difference between the Pro and Axys are the sheeve angle changes. Compound is not the only changes.

The only difference between the axys and pro belt is the compound. The pro is a softer compound and the axys is a harder compound. Yes they did slightly change sheeve angle on the axys but I would call that a corrected sheeve angle or should I say a closer to the correct angle. I run the pro belt on my axys and have had great success but I also had indy specialities blue print my clutch, bought axys cnc clutch alignment tool and changed some clutching.

Premium Features