• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 SKS 155 Questions

rp2000r

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2011
Bothell, WA
Trying to help a friend out and I am unfamiliar with the Axys chassis. I have a few questions I am hoping you guys can help me out on..

He has the 2.4 track and I was wondering if it needs to be clipped to avoid wear issues?

Does the VES oil line need to be rerouted to keep from spitting oil in the belly pan?

Are the factory clutch weights 64G?

Thanks for any info!

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Trying to help a friend out and I am unfamiliar with the Axys chassis. I have a few questions I am hoping you guys can help me out on..

He has the 2.4 track and I was wondering if it needs to be clipped to avoid wear issues?

Does the VES oil line need to be rerouted to keep from spitting oil in the belly pan?

Are the factory clutch weights 64G?

Thanks for any info!

I wouldn't worry to much about the clips. Just keep snow in it. The 2.4 is not meant of continous high speeds.

Never hurts to reroute the hose. Just make sure it drains out. I didn't even mess with mine last year.

I believe your right on the 64 grams. But it is important to look at the clutching chart in the owners manual. If you are running at sealevel you will need a spring change and move up to 10-70 weights.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
2.4's wear just the 2.6. Seen it on three that I owned, all the way back to 11. Never blew a track, but they don't look pretty.

Reroute the VES pressure escape - easy. I have seen serious smig make it to the primary, don't think the belt or primary needs that lube.

Premium Features