• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys Bulletproofing

Dec 4, 2007
I'm about to upgrade to an Axys and would like to see some suggestions as to what should be done to bulletproof and improve this chassis. For example on the Pro-Ride improvements included venting, insulating the handwarmers for improved performance, replacing the Quick Drive sprocket bolts, changing the exhaust valve solenoid hose to exit the bellypan, etc. I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

TDR

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2012
Adjustable shocks if it doesn’t have WE clickers at least, fill it with premium and smile every mile.

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
All my mods were personal preference. No real reliability upgrades. Check your relay bags and make sure they can't hold water.

I'd wrap all or some of it, add a tether, a stainless can, storage bags and relocate the display. Change weights for your elevation and balance the clutch. The balance is the only reliability upgrades I guess.

oh yeah, i also have the skid plate. punched the belly of my last sled too many times not to put one on the new sled.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
skid plate front and rear bumpers intake vents hood vents rail stiffeners fully clip track {if its the 2.5} slp toque arm die-electric grease on all connectors and relays {not on the pins of plug/relay} and look at the post about torn ski rubbers you will need a set of the urethane ski bumpers when they are ready!

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Arm Candy, A-Arm braces. I have heard all the stories. Best one was form this week. A customer was moving his sled in his garage and the carbide dug into the concrete floor and the rear of his A-Arm now looks like a hockey stick.

2016-01-26 17.27.23.jpg 2016-03-17 10.16.24.jpg 2016-02-02 08.31.06.jpg 2016-02-01 19.28.38.jpg

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Clip track if 2.6, check TPS. Consider bumpers, a arms, and spindles if in the budget.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I don't think there are many issues where the Axys isn't reliable. I think it's been more reliable than at least one of the other 2-strokes. IMHO

I second checking the relays. I would even consider buying the waterproof relays and relocating where yours are. They have a tendency to collect water with how they are mounted from the factory.

I never had issues with the a-arms (until I hit a tree hard). But I did Zbroz arms and Exit shocks. They don't really address reliability though.

I will say that both the rear and front bumpers from Polaris (any of the front bumpers) are all "one hit wonders". I tested this myself unfortunately. But I would buy B&M Fabrication front and rear bumpers. They add a little weight but man do they do a good job of adding reinforcement to a very light chassis.

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
Bumpers, front and rear, braces or aftermarket a arms, ice storm scratchers( use your scratchers always unless you're off trail in deep snow), pro upper idler wheels, First off I LOVE how this sled handles in the steep trees. These are things to look out for, more than improving the reliability. All this has happened to my 16 SnowCheck. About 200 miles it Started very hard or no start because it flooded out the plugs....TPS needed adjustment 2x. 500 miles relays for EV went bad, 6900 rpm is all I could get. Was just about ready to drop into some nasty terrain when it acted up. 600-700 miles lost 250 RPM, would only tack 7950. 800 miles EV relays went out again( could tap on them and they would work until I shut sled off then act up again)but after replacing them I still had low RPM, 1000 miles the pipe sheared off at muffler(my own diagnosis)motor mounts flexed that much because they were that bad. 1100 miles rod bearing seized. Polaris Gold oil and non ethanol was used. I will never buy a Polaris without a 4 year warranty. Most Axys have been good I just happen to get a Monday, Friday afternoon sled .:juggle:

Premium Features