• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LOGAN TRAILER BUILD 2018

Captainsheaff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2011
Hey guys,
I wanted to share the first of two trailer builds we'll be doing with logan coach this year. The first trailer is a 35' gooseneck with all the options to make it function in the backcountry. Standard construction of galvanized main frame (no rust) and complete aluminum build up from there (walls, roof, skins, cabinets, etc..) I will do my best to post update photos as the build takes place. Feel free to contact me with any questions or suggestions at captainsheaff@yahoo.com or the instagram @chiefsheaff

IMG_0276.jpg IMG_0277.jpg IMG_0279.jpg IMG_0281.jpg IMG_0280.jpg

Captainsheaff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2011
BELLOW IS THE BASIC SPEC INCLUDING ALL OPTIONS REQUESTED;
Link to 2017 Logan Trailer walk through: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhxJWAi2XKs
Logan 35’ GN

General-
35’ Box
102” OD / 98.5 ID
88” Inside Height
Axles forward 18”
Gray/Black

Wheels/Axles-
• 8K Dexter Torflex oil bath axles
• 235/85/16 Goodyear Tires or equivalent
• Aluminum/Black Wheels

Exterior/Electrical-
• .050 Aluminum VHB (Charcoal Gray)
• Vortex rubber coat under GN
• Two (2) 37” man Doors with windows (Left side mounted between axles, right side mounted at front of box) Both with 12” LED flood mounted above)
• Right hand man door keyed with keyless entry pad
• One (1) window on each side of GN to be mounted as high as possible
• Two (2) windows in main box of trailer (Left side window mounted between man door and fold down side access door, Right side mounted rear of storage boxes & window in each man door.
• All windows frameless style
• 18” Treadbrite (Black)
• Angled front slide ramp with Three (3) 12” LED flood mounted above (Light switch mounted exterior at slide ramp or in fuel compartment)
• Rear Ramp with Three (3) 12” LED flood mounted above (wired for switch & Reverse)(light switch mounted exterior at rear door)
• Dedicated LED backing lights
• 12” LED floods mounted left & right at axles, wired to back up lights for side illumination
• Two (2) Max Air Electric Roof Vents with 12v electric fan’s and black Maxx 2 Vent Covers
• Two (2) #30 Propane tanks
• Locking roll up front GN enclosure with LED interior lights, propane storage (mounted high on left), spare tire storage (mounted low on right), battery storage for Three (3) deep cycle 750 min or two (2) 6v deep cycle (mounted above spare tire , storage for Honda EU2000i under propane (reinforce bottom pan), storage for tire chains
• Fuel station- fuel tank gauge, 10’ of ¾” hose, pump, filter & nozzle.
• LED marker lights (8ea. side of top rail box (every 4’), 3ea. side tapered GN, 3 front of neck , 2 ea. side low front/rear of axles
• Single electric/hydraulic jack
• Ladder to access roof for snow removal with overhead interior storage mount. Mount location storage area in neck.

Interior/Electrical
• Aluminum lined walls and ceiling (insulated)
• Insulated floors
• Heated floors ducted for left & right side under hooks, NO center heat (If possible, plumb to rear of trailer)
• One (1) table 27”x48” mounted left side 48” rear of man door (top of table in closed position should be within 1” or less of storage hooks)
• One (1) table 27”x60” mounted right side 14” rear of man door (top of table in closed position should be within 1” or less of storage hooks)
• 1 TV swivel mount with 120v power and HDMI/RCA cables. Mounted on left side forward of slide ramp. Retainer strap to be installed to prevent TV from moving in transport.
• LED interior lights seven (8) each side total of fourteen (16) + one (1) each side in GN loft area Total two (2) Total of 18 interior LED lights
• 9’ aluminum oil storage trough mounted 16” below ceiling with hooks mounted underneath running length of left side trailer (where applicable) (maximize box length to run from rear bench to rear of trailer)
• 24’ Aluminum helmet/gear storage cabinet’s w/hyd strut support mounted right side. 4’ box-12’ open storage-4’box-4’box. Stereo deck mounted forward of storage box’s, large cubby area above or below deck with three (3) 12v/USB plugs, sub-woofer mounted in neck behind wardrobe closet on right side wall. (Stereo equip to be provided by customer)
• Six (6) USB/12V plugs & one (1) 120v outlet mounted in front section of 12’ open storage area
• One (1) 120v outlet in each enclosed 4’ storage box
• Wardrobe closet mounted above 40K heater (shortened to accommodate aux heater above)
• Wardrobe closet with drying racks full height.
• All closet doors to have hyd strut installed (wardrobe, boot box, front storage box, side storage boxes)
• Stereo- Qty-8 5.25” speakers, Qty-1 12” subwoofer, Qty-1 Stereo Deck, Qty-1 4 channel amplifier
• Minimum 40k BTU forced air heater to be mounted in standard configuration
• Aux heater 75k mounted above wardrobe closet on far-right side. If possible, notch tapered tapper at top of wall to allow heater to be mounted flush with wall. This will allow full height heated drying racks to the left. Sheet any exposed area with matching aluminum face plate. Please advise
• Honeywell Programmable thermostats
• Double Boot dryers
• Delete one (1) 40K heat duct to main trailer and plumb for two (2) heat ducts into wardrobe closet
• Four (4) fold up benches vertically mounted (3- forward of left man door, 1- rear of left man door)
• One (1) 120v outlet mounted center of trailer on left & right side 12-18” above floor (total of 2)
• One (1) 120v outlet mounted forward each side of GN (Total of 2)
• One (1) 120V Outlet mounted in GN behind wardrobe closet
• One (1) 120v outlet mounted rear of trailer left & right side 12-18” above floor (total of 2)
• 120v AC unit WITH HEAT STRIP (LOW PROFILE) roof mounted center or forward with Black AC roof cover
• Twelve (12) HD surface mount tie downs OR alternate cargo strapping down interior walls.
• One (1) sled lift 16” back of boot box
• One (1) center point sled lift approximately 160” back of boot box
• One (1) rear sled lift approximately 265” back of boot box
• Carpet on GN drop wall & deck
• TV mount w/120v plug, two (2) HDMI & one (1) set RCA’s wired mounted forward of left side slide door
• One (1) HDMI connected to DVD player, One (1) HDMI to outlet above front table on right hand side
• RCA’s connected to deck
• DVD player mounted below stereo deck with cubby cut out of wood face
• One (1) 120v plug mounted above table on right side with HDMI
• Cover over fuse box, no vents in location of ski contact
• Rubber Vortex lined floors
• Led light behind hitch to illuminate loading
• One (1) snow shovel & Broom mount – Location between rear door and oil storage box
• One (1) backboard mount – Behind 10’ open storage or above double 4’ box
• Inverter/converter combo with shore line power (inverter large enough to power TV & 120v heater fan)
• Storage cabinet at front of gooseneck with Aluminum false wall with one carpeted shelf running length with led light (doors 34” tall x 30” wide)
• Cup holders mounted 50” or above from floor, two (2) between each sitting bench, several down right side (each holder should have two (2) cup holder spots)
• Hooks under storage cabinets entire right side
• Hooks under storage cabinet & above benches entire left side
• Caliber Products full guide kit

Fuel Tanks-
• Two (2) fuel tanks with divider valve for multiple fuels (aviation/race & pump 91)
• One (1) lighted Fuel gauge
• One (1) spin on fuel filter
• One 20’ hose and nozzle

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
excited to see the build. the pics and video you posted in the to other thread are drool worthy.

what insulation are they using on the floor? what material are they using for the floor covering?

Captainsheaff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2011
excited to see the build. the pics and video you posted in the to other thread are drool worthy.

what insulation are they using on the floor? what material are they using for the floor covering?

Not sure on the insulation material but I'll find out next week. I do know that the entire trailer is insulated so no condensation as you heat the trailer.
The floor material is called Vortex. On my first trailer, i thought that I would line the whole floor with caliber glides assuming the floor would rip like every other trailer. Then decided I would run the trailer as is and install if it did become damaged. After a full season of 7+ sleds in and out 5+ days a week, I had no damage and was quite impressed . Needless to say, I'll be running the factory floors without extra protection.
Logan did add an extra row of caliber glides on both doors this year so you don't have to be perfectly lined up when entering and exiting the trailer.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Not sure on the insulation material but I'll find out next week. I do know that the entire trailer is insulated so no condensation as you heat the trailer.
The floor material is called Vortex. On my first trailer, i thought that I would line the whole floor with caliber glides assuming the floor would rip like every other trailer. Then decided I would run the trailer as is and install if it did become damaged. After a full season of 7+ sleds in and out 5+ days a week, I had no damage and was quite impressed . Needless to say, I'll be running the factory floors without extra protection.
Logan did add an extra row of caliber glides on both doors this year so you don't have to be perfectly lined up when entering and exiting the trailer.

I looked up Vortex ... Vortex is one epoxy and the other is Granitex Polyphatic Glaze ?

Vortex™ is the only Patented portable system that can create a high impact, durable and insulated surface.* It can also be combined with our GRANITEXTM PolyphaticTM Glaze to give a whole new dimension to your worn surfaces.* Vortex™ protective coating offers the perfect combination of strength and flexibility making it incredibly durable.* It can withstand incredible tearing and shearing forces that would make a softer liner shred!* Only Vortex™ can do more than just a truck bed and be so portable!
Our exclusive Vortex™ material uses a hybrid, crosslinking technology, and is a mixture of polyurea and polyurethane.* Polyurea gives it the abrasion resistance and polyurethane gives it the impact resistance... the best of both worlds!* Applied using our patented Vortex™ KV-5006 System, this ultimate coating will dry in less than 10 seconds.* The resulting chemical and impact resistance is great for more than just a truck bed.* Vortex™ has a crush modulation of over 52,000 psi and is resistant to even the harshest of chemicals including battery acid.*Great for workshop floors because it will withstand the impact of tools and parts, it also has a "thermal conductivity" insulation factor to hold in cold or heat with less than a 1% transfer.* Finally, Vortex™ protective coating is FDA and USDA compliant, thus it's also great for food storage lockers to keep in the cold and garage floors to keep the heat in during cold seasons

I think the floor coating is the insulation?

How much is it per gallon?

Last edited:

Captainsheaff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2011
Floor Insulation

I looked up Vortex ... Vortex is one epoxy and the other is Granitex Polyphatic Glaze ?

Vortex™ is the only Patented portable system that can create a high impact, durable and insulated surface.* It can also be combined with our GRANITEXTM PolyphaticTM Glaze to give a whole new dimension to your worn surfaces.* Vortex™ protective coating offers the perfect combination of strength and flexibility making it incredibly durable.* It can withstand incredible tearing and shearing forces that would make a softer liner shred!* Only Vortex™ can do more than just a truck bed and be so portable!
Our exclusive Vortex™ material uses a hybrid, crosslinking technology, and is a mixture of polyurea and polyurethane.* Polyurea gives it the abrasion resistance and polyurethane gives it the impact resistance... the best of both worlds!* Applied using our patented Vortex™ KV-5006 System, this ultimate coating will dry in less than 10 seconds.* The resulting chemical and impact resistance is great for more than just a truck bed.* Vortex™ has a crush modulation of over 52,000 psi and is resistant to even the harshest of chemicals including battery acid.*Great for workshop floors because it will withstand the impact of tools and parts, it also has a "thermal conductivity" insulation factor to hold in cold or heat with less than a 1% transfer.* Finally, Vortex™ protective coating is FDA and USDA compliant, thus it's also great for food storage lockers to keep in the cold and garage floors to keep the heat in during cold seasons

It's great to hear the vortex material is an insulator, however the floor uses a 3" thick actual insulation. I haven't been told the actual material but I did confirm it's thickness. I can tell you it works very well combined with the integrated floor heat.

disummit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2008
Justin i have same color combo commin in a 31. Cant wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Can you get some pictures of a 21' bumper pull model? I'm about to order one, but have never seen one. The only display models I've walked through are the goose neck models. I've seen pictures of the 29' BP, but the 21' seems to be quite rare or elusive. I'd like to see the Zbroz edition so I know what the floor plan looks like. Thanks.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The one thing logan needs to do on the bumper pull, is put diamond plate clear up the v nose like trailswest does. The front takes a beating and there is nothing there on the bumper pull.

Captainsheaff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2011
21BP

Can you get some pictures of a 21' bumper pull model? I'm about to order one, but have never seen one. The only display models I've walked through are the goose neck models. I've seen pictures of the 29' BP, but the 21' seems to be quite rare or elusive. I'd like to see the Zbroz edition so I know what the floor plan looks like. Thanks.

I should have some pictures of a 26' by the end of the week. Send me an email if you would like to see blueprints of a 23 (17+6).
Thanks,
Justin captainsheaff@yahoo.com

Captainsheaff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2011
BP diamond plate

The one thing logan needs to do on the bumper pull, is put diamond plate clear up the v nose like trailswest does. The front takes a beating and there is nothing there on the bumper pull.

I'll pass this on as I know exactly what you're talking about. Would you like to see diamond plate or a coating like Vortex that they use on the floors? I've found that even the diamond plate gets pitted, esp in areas that use cinders to combat icy conditions.
Thanks,
Justin

Captainsheaff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2011
Updated Photos 35' Logan Gooseneck

The trailer is looking awesome! Check out some of the custom features below.
-Dual fuel tanks with divider valve
-Versatrac tie down system
-Keyless entry doors
-New low profile vertical fold up benches

20171010_120400.jpg 20171010_120441.jpg 20171010_120912.jpg 20171010_121025.jpg IMG_0276.jpg

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I'll pass this on as I know exactly what you're talking about. Would you like to see diamond plate or a coating like Vortex that they use on the floors? I've found that even the diamond plate gets pitted, esp in areas that use cinders to combat icy conditions.
Thanks,
Justin

I don't know what vortex is but I do know that the diamond plate does get pitted and dulls down but it is better than painted aluminum. Anything would help.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I don't know what vortex is but I do know that the diamond plate does get pitted and dulls down but it is better than painted aluminum. Anything would help.

This advice came at a great time....I'm placing my order for a 21' Logan Coach and they are adding the aluminum diamond plate to the front end covering the lower 4 feet of the V nose area. After conferring with the trailer guys, I think either the diamond plate or the Vortex liner would work about the same. The diamond plate would show it's age over time due to chips and stuff, but the Vortex (like any truck bed liner) will dull in color and become a flat blackish look. Either way, better than painted aluminum like what was said above.

Can't wait, gonna be a sweet trailer.

Premium Features