• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys PRO 3" Track Gearing Change

Randman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2010
Billings, MT
Have any of you guys changed the gearing on the chain case version of the Axys PRO. If so what did you go to?
I think the stock gearing on the factory 3" track models is 2:52 with the 7 tooth driver. I have one with a SLP Pipe/Can and it pulls hard but it seems pretty low geared to me. Might be giving up some track speed at 2:52?

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Have you thought about changing the secondary helix first? IMO the 2.52 gearing is really good. I would rather try changing the upshift speed first. I think I may try a straight 42* this year. I tried a 60/42/36 and it was not good. The stock 40 was quicker to back shift and didn't vary rpm nearly as much. Plus it felt more snappy out of the hole.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
My buddy went to the closes gearing he could as the belt drive axys comes with. And he likes it better. But we ride 2000' - 5500'.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I think where and how you ride is key. I ride 8-11,000 ft and do a lot of tree riding, creek crossings, drainage's, stop and go kind of riding. I thought the gearing was perfect for me. I still had high 30's to low 40 mph track speed in good snow on a steep climb with the SLP pipe. I also tried different helixes and secondary springs and ended up going back to all stock in the secondary. Eric

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin

I'm looking at getting a new sled this year and if I get chaincase I'll probably just change the top gear from a 19 to a 20. That'll put it at 2.39. From what I've read on here anywhere in the 2.3s is a good all around final ratio. And only having to change one sprocket and keep the stock 74 chain, it's a 30 dollar mod.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I am going from the 19/44 stock to a 20/43 this season, But I am on boost. I felt is way geared to low last season. This gearing should allow for more load and more track speed.

Should be even better!

J

Jona$

Sep 29, 2012
Sweden
Im going with a custom made kit by Indy Dan, cost more then a kit in Sweden, but Dans way of handling a customer tipped the scale for me to become a customer.

He flat out listen to you from start to finish and ended up with a kit i surerly will appreciate.

In it there is:
primary spring
secondary spring
v5 weight
custom helix
and there billet cover for primary
Delrin washers

im assure the axys needs more load to the motor and better curve on weights to grab the belt.

S
Jul 30, 2015
Calgary, AB
I am going from the 19/44 stock to a 20/43 this season, But I am on boost. I felt is way geared to low last season. This gearing should allow for more load and more track speed.

Should be even better!

AK.. I am bumping an old thread but have you tested the 20/43 gearing vs the 19/44? I will be boosted this upcoming year and have heard that most boosted 3" chain guys have moved to what you are planning to do as well.

Premium Features