• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys Gearing

M
Oct 17, 2010
Has anyone played with gearing up the new axys with the 3" and chaincase, I feel like its geared a little low and there may be room to go up.

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
Why do you think it is geared to low? Under certain conditions?

T
Aug 8, 2011
As mine has run better and better i have been thinking it could use a little more gear to pull against as well...Ill try to get it tested in the next few days and let you know.

Pine-sol

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2011
I've taken mine from the 2.52 to 2.33. Works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K

kmo

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
Has anyone played with gearing up the new axys with the 3" and chaincase, I feel like its geared a little low and there may be room to go up.

Yes, I tried it. I have a TKI belt drive and the owner of TKI provided several top gear's for me to experiment as I also felt it might be geared too low. I actually lost track speed by gearing up so I went back to the factory gearing. I had another sled I was using as a constant for my testing that helped a lot. Not only does the factory gearing allow me to hold track speed and RPM, I often gain track speed on longer climbs as well as actual ground speed.

Last edited:
Premium Features