• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another 20 inches at Thunder Mountain Lodge

K
Jan 28, 2011
Thunder Mountain Lodge
We have received another 20 inches in the past 3 days here in Western Colorado. I would estimate a 4 foot base on north facing slopes in our area around Thunder Mountain Lodge. We are also very close to completing our 24 hour "snow stake" so you guys can watch it snow for yourself. As soon as I have the link to that I'll post it, help me share it because it is the only one of its kind on The Grand Mesa. Thanks

C
Dec 24, 2014
Having a webcam on the mountain like that would be sweet! I end up watching the cdot cam out on the highway but something more accurate would be great.

K
Jan 28, 2011
Thunder Mountain Lodge
Conditions

I agree that riding off trail in most spots is risky right now on The Grand Mesa. Check out our webcam/snowstake once we get it up....it's gonna be sweet with playback options up to 3 months...Thanks

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
We have received another 20 inches in the past 3 days here in Western Colorado. I would estimate a 4 foot base on north facing slopes in our area around Thunder Mountain Lodge. We are also very close to completing our 24 hour "snow stake" so you guys can watch it snow for yourself. As soon as I have the link to that I'll post it, help me share it because it is the only one of its kind on The Grand Mesa. Thanks

Any word on this webcam? we will be up over the xmas break. Is Thunder Mtn. operational?

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
thanks for update we too will be up there for Christmas staying at thunder mtn lodge

The next storm looks pretty good! :face-icon-small-hap
Should be some good snow over the Christmas break. We will be up staying at Alexander. Wondering if the snow has set-up a good base yet?

Mntryder

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2002
Western Colorado
There was about a 3 foot base last Saturday. Set up fairly well with decent powder on top. Another foot or so and should be close to bomb proof.

Last edited:
K
Jan 28, 2011
Thunder Mountain Lodge
Another foot so far at Thunder Mountain Lodge

Our webcam is now operational! http://thundermountainlodge.net/snow/
Very soon I will also be adding a thermometer and clock, but this should help all of you see what the snow is doing here on the Mesa. Check out the playback options! Also, written on the snow stake is the time and date it was last cleared. And yes, we are fully operational with cabins, sleds, guides, and espresso! Thanks

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
Our webcam is now operational! http://thundermountainlodge.net/snow/
Very soon I will also be adding a thermometer and clock, but this should help all of you see what the snow is doing here on the Mesa. Check out the playback options! Also, written on the snow stake is the time and date it was last cleared. And yes, we are fully operational with cabins, sleds, guides, and espresso! Thanks

Very cool Webcam- my son has a toy snowmobile we want to have the action figure sit-on! Keep up the good work

D
Nov 26, 2007
north idaho
pics of today at thunder mtn lodge. lake pics are of twin lake and my daughter on 700 dragon 163. other pic is of me on hill south of twin lake

real world assessment of snow conditions

four feet of snow with ZERO base

lakes are frozen with two feet of cover on slushy ice and no traction

last pic is of my sled that was parked at noon for lunch when storm rolled in

make own assessment of new snow fall but I'm saying eight inches and still dumping

IMG_0349.jpg IMG_0353.jpg IMG_0354.jpg

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
pics of today at thunder mtn lodge. lake pics are of twin lake and my daughter on 700 dragon 163. other pic is of me on hill south of twin lake

real world assessment of snow conditions

four feet of snow with ZERO base

lakes are frozen with two feet of cover on slushy ice and no traction

last pic is of my sled that was parked at noon for lunch when storm rolled in

make own assessment of new snow fall but I'm saying eight inches and still dumping

Wow thanks-weather looks like the GM will get more!

D
Nov 26, 2007
north idaho
finally the snow is setting up. got another foot overnight and base is taking shape at about two feet down.

big time props to jeff at thunder mtn lodge. more than willing to help out guests in any way he can. even an idiot that forgot to plug in his pick up and ran batteries dead.

as for the lodge I will definitely stay here again. very centrally located to some of the better mtn riding but also lets family members sit on trail as everyone plays.

also he has fresh(as in two week old) 91 non fuel for those that need it.

here are a few pics from today

snowest #1.jpg snowest 2.jpg snowest 3.jpg

Premium Features