• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seat options?

oscar

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
After riding all last year with a MX style seat that is hard as a rock this year I decided that I need a new soft seat. I am curious what others have been trying and the results you have experienced. I haven't really found any look to be "softer" just a lot of seat covers. Any information would be great. Thanks

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
http://www.gutsracing.com/

I had a tall comfort seat on my WR and loved it... like going from an anvil to a couch. Just call them up, tell them what you are looking for and they will get you the right foam. The ballistic gripper seat cover does a good job of keeping a wet a$$ on the seat.

swedenturbo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2009
Sweden
Seat concepts have great seats.
Here's a photo of mine.
It´s wider than a OEM seat.
http://www.seatconcepts.com/
734808_10151204645342672_1854479899_n.jpg

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
I was also ready for a change on the tail end after the punishment of a stock Husaberg 2X4 seat.

I sent my seat to seat concepts and had them recover and re foam my seat. It looks very nice and on the street feels good. The front of the saddle is narrow and somewhat hard when you are forward on the bike, but the back is wide and plush. We will see how it is in the real conditions this winter.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I did the seat concepts for my berg and like it alot,and on my kx I did a Guts super soft, like 1985 XR500 soft with extra soft stretchy cover, in the winter it seems like all the foams and covers get stiff and hard so I figured soft would be good!

oscar

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Looking at the Guts racing seat I really like the way it looks, but on the website it only shows for a WR and I need one for a 2010 YZ. Was curious if the wr would work on the yz. Thanks

M
Jan 14, 2004
I run a Guts seat on my KTM its softer than stock but not as soft as I was hoping but I guess there's only so much you can do with 1 inch of foam. As long as I ride lots my a$$ seems to get used to it.

M5-

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Looking at the Guts racing seat I really like the way it looks, but on the website it only shows for a WR and I need one for a 2010 YZ. Was curious if the wr would work on the yz. Thanks

The website isn't the best indicator for what they can do. If you just call them up, tell them what you want, they will make something for you (they have for me in the past). I usually try to go for the tall seat for the extra foam and then go for the softer compound. I basically ask them to build me the tall comfort seat from the WR for my KX/KTM.

V
Sep 22, 2008
I went with a FISHER DESIGN seat worked really well for winter and summer use , they have a costume web page check them out located in Eagle ,Idaho

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
fisher seats

i rode a ktm with a fisher seat and really liked it. they do new foam and widen it out farther back so you have a saddle to fit your ***. i will be getting one for the aprilia for sure. cant wait for the snow!!

oscar

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
I have not purchased a seat yet. I really like the look of the fisher seat though. All of them are a better looking setup than the stock 2x4

D

dennyb

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville, WA
Seat Mod

I sent my factory seat to Spencer's Seat mods. He gets them back quick and it did make a big difference compared to stock. He has done my street bike seats also and he is a great guy to work with. Fairly inexpensive also.

http://greatdaytoride.com

Premium Features