• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Surge Tank??? Is it a Good Idea?

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
Just wondering if it is a good idea to put a surge tank on to get rid of air in the fuel lines since the return line doesnt go back to the pump. Has anyone put one on or thought about putting one on? I have the bigger fuel pump in the tank for the BC275 kit right now. Seems like a good idea just havent seen anyone else put one on yet

Surge Tank.jpg

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Just wondering if it is a good idea to put a surge tank on to get rid of air in the fuel lines since the return line doesnt go back to the pump. Has anyone put one on or thought about putting one on? I have the bigger fuel pump in the tank for the BC275 kit right now. Seems like a good idea just havent seen anyone else put one on yet

I would do the OSP one as it doesn't need an additional pump.

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
I like the OSP one but for $500 I can just make an external system using a bosch 044 pump and fabricate the small tank like in the picture. Is it worth the time and effort or shouldn't I even worry about it ? All the BC and SC kits dont seem to have one or say anything about having to get one.

Premium Features