• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Truck Owners

Which color would you choose?

• Black

Votes: 231 51.9%
  • White

Votes: 214 48.1%

• Total voters

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
Hey,

I am about to put in an order for a 2011 F-250. I am torn on the color. I was planning on doing white but saw 2 2010 F-250's next to eachother at the dealer, a black one and a white one. I have to admit that black sure looked purdy. And it would match my trailer.

My question is those of you that black trucks are you satisfied with the color? I know they are hard to keep clean. That doesn't bother me. What I am interested in is how it will stand the test of time. My truck will probably spend most of the time outdoors. Does the black fade bad over time?

Thanks!

S

SledsWest

Sep 4, 2009
Sanpete County, UT
www.quadswest.com
I have a 2007 black chevy silverado (actually for sale). I don't like the black as much as I did when I bought it....I won't ever get another black vehicle. On top of being hard to keep clean, they show EVERY scratch. The paint hasn't faded but I just don't like how much it embelishes the tiny scratches.

My truck: http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1544153273.html

Before this truck, I had a white dodge dakota and it was great. My next truck will be white!

800 RMK

Nov 26, 2007
Victor Idaho
I have a black truck,Great in the winter, little warm in the summer.As said before good thing for A/C. I'd probally buy another when or if i had to.........:beer; :beer;

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
I went with white, but black is asking for trouble for me since I do live on 17 miles of gravel.

black sure looks awesome though when cleaned up and polished chrome.

S

schmitt

Mar 27, 2008
WI
I have thought about that too. I will have cooled seats though. ;)

I do worry about the black showing swirls from waxing as well.

I really like black, my last three vehicles have been black. However I just bought a white truck and wow is so much nicer to keep clean. It seem's like you had to have perfect step's in washing the black to get it to turn out good after washing it, otherwise bad water spot's and streaks. Ahh Im going to go wash my white truck now to remember how much nicer it is to wash. haha :beer;:beer; ;)

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I have a 2007 black chevy silverado (actually for sale). I don't like the black as much as I did when I bought it....I won't ever get another black vehicle. On top of being hard to keep clean, they show EVERY scratch. The paint hasn't faded but I just don't like how much it embelishes the tiny scratches.

My truck: http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1544153273.html

Before this truck, I had a white dodge dakota and it was great. My next truck will be white!

Once you go black you wont go back.

Black is impossible to keep clean but looks great cleaned very very very much.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I've had every colour I can think of....to be satisfied with the finish, I pretty much need to wax the black vehicles every few washes which gets old fast. Never would own a black truck.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
I dont have enough love for black, to clean it every few days! White does look pretty awesome on most trucks, but needs the right accessories for sure. I went with Charcoal, still shows scratches, but not nearly as picky as black at all. Doesnt look too terrible when dirty, and cleans up quite nice when its time to be "classy".

I've had jsut about every color. Best for not washing was the Beige (Gold, or whatever you want to call it) Superduty, that thing never looked dirty. But, I personally couldn't stand the color, just looks too "old man".

Always liked the looks of my black trucks, when clean. But yes you have to keep them washed all the time, and be careful when washing them if they are excessively dirty (you will get massive amounts of fine scracthes). First I always do when I get them home is wash good, clay bar them out (even when new), then use a high quality wax. Then every once in a while (usually once a month) run some polish on it, then re-wax. Overall you have to love to keep your vehicle clean.

White is nice, takes a little longer to "look" really dirty. But after two days of driving recently (its been 30 degrees here) it looks like a brown vehicle, and looks just as crappy as a black vehicle. Nice thing about white, is you can do a quick wash, quick dry, and any waterspots are not too noticeable (although I still get annoyed when I see water spots on a vehicle).

Either way, any vehicle takes work to make it look clean and keep it clean. Good luck, and hope you like the 2011.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Last two trucks I had were both black. Truck I have right now is white.

I don't think I'll ever own another black truck again, unless it's a hot rod sunday driver.

They look absolutley STUNNING for the first 15 minutes after you wash and wax them, but after that ..... they really look like **** :(

White isn't gonna turn heads like black will, but it still looks damn sparkley after a fresh coat of wax and STAYS THAT WAY for awhile. I'm pretty sure my next truck is gonna be white too.

Plus in a blizzard you can't see them so you can sneak up on somone if you ever needed to I guess. Might be handy if communists ever invade and you have to go sneak up on them in the winter to shoot them.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I've had both. The Black looks beautiful sitting at the exit of the carwash. I won't own another one. Another vote for arrest me red.... but then again, I drive white trucks all day, everyday for a living so the Red truck is a nice break for me. The white does look more like a ups truck during a break up type of day. But just a quickie and they look great again.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
I have a black car (daily driver) and I would have to say, I would only buy something in black that sits in the garage most of the time and never gets driven on dirt or in the winter.

I would own a black muscle car, Corvette, Mustang, etc.

Daily driver, never. Especailly a truck. Shows too many flaws.

I like pretty much every color except tan or brown.

Currently have bright red, but would love white, silver, orange or a bright blue.

I've owned the following colors; Navy blue, silver, bright red, maroon, bright red and black.

Gotta say that silver was easy to take care of. Dark blue, maroon and black are tuff while red is inbetween.

Premium Features