• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 Fuel Consumption

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
Last trip up, my sled seemed to use a lot of fuel. I was on 1/2 of a tank while my husband's 2010 m8 was on 3/4's of a tank. Don't remember it using that much though I haven't been keeping track. It has always been a bit of a pig but this seems kind of excessive?

I also have a low end stutter, not bad enough to be a real bog, but you can tell it is there. It will pull through it if you keep on the throttle or if I get out of the throttle and get back on it, it will clear up. It only seems to do it at 1/4 to half throttle.

Any thoughts on what might be the issue, was thinking I should maybe clean the power valves? Or maybe I need some fuel regulation?

Last edited:
U
Apr 8, 2008
Utah
First thing is have you changed anything, air intake, pipe, running hotter spark plugs, or even too tight of a gap on the plugs If there is anything different maybe your ecu is throwing as much fuel as it can at it to keep it from burning up.

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
Check how many gallons it takes to fill up your sleds at the end of the day . The fuel gauge on the M is junk at best. I never even look at it any more , i just open the cap like on my scooter.

I think they build them like that so you always think its time to go back to the truck . I filled my 09 for the first time and it never moved off of empty , untill i beat on it a bit.

W

W A O

Nov 3, 2009
WEST JORDON UT
Fuel economy m7

I have some stuff done to my m7 and when I ride if its in good powder and just boondocken i will get about 65-70 miles to about 7/8 of a tank.About 9 gallons to fill it up, Just to give you something to compare to

B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
My 05' m7 was way hard on fuel, 60-70 miles then on fumes back to the truck. That is riding in Alaska though, you can ride WOT for ever in some places. Couple things I would check are plugs & piston wash (see if it is really fat). Maybe make sure the vent tube is clear for the ecu. My 05' would stutter mid throttle also, but only when held there for more than a minute or so. Only way I found it was when the egts went on, turns out Mr. m7 was going to 1400* at 1/4 to mid throttle. I just learned not ride for extended periods with out feathering the throttle. Hope that helps a little.

Last edited:
Premium Features