• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

drop brackets on rev, whos got em?

R
Apr 18, 2009
thinking of doing this with my renegade, it has a 141x2 and i thinking of doing this mod to get the track a bit more exposed. Has anyone here done this mod and had good luck? how much of a drop did you go? pics would be great?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i could dig up some pics if i know where i put em.

GET EM! they work great they help the sled lay over 10000x easier as rev's to me like to sit VERY flat. I run smitty's and have em dropped 2.5" on my rt1000 162 and my rev 151 and would buy another set in a heat beat.

only problem is when you get stuck, its farther in! but it does seem to help limit the silly stucks taking off when you trench in a little as the tunnel is up higher/

C
Nov 28, 2007
Elizabeth Co
smittys speed works 253-973-9119
or look up smittys800 over on dootalk

100_1666.jpg

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
do you still have the stock suspension on your renegade? with a coupled skid the drop brackets will not work as it will cause binding and geometry problems. i didn't try it myself but on here and dootalk several have tried it with limited success.

R
Apr 18, 2009
Yes I'm running the stock skid/suspension SC3. I got an email back from Brian at Tricked-toys sayin it would work on my sled but the only thing i might have to do is add some additional washer where the drop bracket goes over the existing bracket.

Coyote, are we talking about the same smitty drops? http://www.tricked-toys.com/Proddrop.htm

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Drop brackets are one of those things that some guys like, some don't. Results will depend on susp setup, riding style, rider preference, bla bla bla.....but the Smitty brackets are the ones to get, all the stuff he makes is very nice quality.

C
Nov 28, 2007
Elizabeth Co
Yes I'm running the stock skid/suspension SC3. I got an email back from Brian at Tricked-toys sayin it would work on my sled but the only thing i might have to do is add some additional washer where the drop bracket goes over the existing bracket.

Coyote, are we talking about the same smitty drops? http://www.tricked-toys.com/Proddrop.htm

yes Tricked toys sells his drops. the ones pictured on there page are the XP brackets. the REV brackets look like the ones in my picture. Smitty is a great guy to deal with. The phone # is his cell, leave him a message as he actually has a regular job during the day.

S
Nov 28, 2007
As winter Brew mentioned, some like 'em some don't, but most doo. As for the gades, the coupling will cause issues, as some guys are installing 136 skids and getting rid of the coupler. The rear mount is also different on the Gades VS. the Summits, hense the extra washer between the NEW bracket and stock mount.
My website is still a work in progress, hope to get more current pics up this weekend.
Smitty

S
Jan 2, 2008
Smitty - I want to drop the front mount to the lower hole and use your drop brackets on back of my 2006 Gade SC4. The main reason I want to do this is to get my clearance for the 2.25" track I am running. Could you make a drop bracket for this and Ill drill out the holes for the skid?

gallery_12250_1891_69637.jpg

Premium Features