• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone got a NW Turbo Kit on a Nytro?

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
I've got an oil leak on a fitting that comes out of the right side of the engine(behind the oil tank). Is this the oil feed for the turbo? Has anyone come up with a way to seal the fitting(besides the paper(?) washers? Would o-rings work better?

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
have one, have no leak...would need better description to understand where you are referring too...

S

srxspec

Nov 27, 2007
www.ulmerracing.com
Is it directly behind the oil tank and the line runs to the bottom of the turbo? Or is the line coming from the cylinder head area and running to the top of the turbo?

I've got an oil leak on a fitting that comes out of the right side of the engine(behind the oil tank). Is this the oil feed for the turbo? Has anyone come up with a way to seal the fitting(besides the paper(?) washers? Would o-rings work better?

It sounds like you are referring to the oil return line from the turbo?
Is this a banjo style fitting? If so they usually have a aluminum or copper crush washer (one on either side of the banjo fitting) - similar to what you'd see where your brake line attaches to your caliper.

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
If it is a banjo fitting as Submission referred to (copper washer), you can heat the washer carefully to a dull orange with a torch. Then immediately drop it into cold water.

This will anneal the copper, making it soft again. This process should be utilized every time a copper crush washer is loosened from it's sealing surface. (brake line banjo's, etc.)

If you keep them soft, they keep on sealing!

If they are aluminum, just replace them...

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Thanks for the replies. I believe its the return line from the turbo. It had 2 paper(?) washers. One on each side of the fitting. I bought some copper washers today. I think they will cure the problem. Nice tip psych-o. :beer;:D

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Could be. They didn't fit very tight around the bolt and looked like they had been over tightened (torn). Another problem on this sled is the Prologger. How do you shut it off so it doesn't drain the battery? It seems to go into a standby mode but doesn't shut off. The next time I try to start the sled, the battery is dead. Is it the Prologger or just a bad battery?

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Could be. They didn't fit very tight around the bolt and looked like they had been over tightened (torn). Another problem on this sled is the Prologger. How do you shut it off so it doesn't drain the battery? It seems to go into a standby mode but doesn't shut off. The next time I try to start the sled, the battery is dead. Is it the Prologger or just a bad battery?

I'm not familiar with the wiring on those, but you can try this:

Shut all power off (key and kill switch) unhook the + terminal on the battery and put an amp meter between the cable and the battery terminal to check for a "key off" draw. There should be zero draw (in amps) on the system. If you do see a draw (most likely just a few milli-amps, if any) I would unhook the power to the ProLogger first and repeat the steps above, to verify if that is where the problem is...

beyond that, if you see an amp draw, it is just a process of elimination to figure out which component is causing your draw.

If you don't see a draw, chances are that your battery is shot...

Last edited:
N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Whoever wired the Prologger wired it to the battery or through a relay to the battery. They have to be wired to key power in the small fuseblock beside your oil tank. There are two key powered wires there.

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
So, I have been checking the sled over(seeing if things are tight, rubbing, etc.). I removed the gas tank to check the turbo and, the tank has been leaking! :eek:The heat wrap on the tank is soaked with fuel. Why didn't this thing burn up? :confused: Any one got ideas on how to fix this? :mad:Was there a trail tank available? Where can I get one now that Travis isn't making the kit any more? Any help is appreciated! :beer;:beer;

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
So, I have been checking the sled over(seeing if things are tight, rubbing, etc.). I removed the gas tank to check the turbo and, the tank has been leaking! :eek:The heat wrap on the tank is soaked with fuel. Why didn't this thing burn up? :confused: Any one got ideas on how to fix this? :mad:Was there a trail tank available? Where can I get one now that Travis isn't making the kit any more? Any help is appreciated! :beer;:beer;

There is/was a trail tank specifically designed for the kit.

Contact Allen Ulmer at srxspec@gwtc.net or go to ulmerracing.com

he bought out NW

Last edited:

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Thanks again psycho. :beer; I just emailed Alan about a trail tank. I don't know who installed this kit, but they weren't mechanically inclined! :rolleyes:

Premium Features