• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain Mod seat or Boss for XP???

porkbuddy3

Premium Member
Jan 25, 2009
Looking to get a new seat, I just want some info on wihch one people recomended. Thanks

F
Nov 28, 2007
Evans, WA
I have also read (and heard) that DOO has their own boss/mountain mod type high rise seat. your dealer should have a part number for it. I love the Boss for my REV, I haven't tried a MM though.

HOOTS

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
S.W MN
mtn mod

I've had a few Boss in my days & thought I would try Mtn Mod's seat. Couldn't be happier w/choice. I bought the one w/the 2-storage compartments & was able to elim. the need for my tunnel bag which also helped elim. some of the sag in rear suspension. Have all my survival stuff in lower comp.= folding saw, space blankets, fire starters, first aid kit, tools,etc. & lots of room in top for tow rope, food, water, spare googles & gloves, etc. Sit higher than XP Boss which is great for my old knees. Foam is very comfortable. Tacky material w/perfect seams & fitment.
Customer relations! Get this, I recieved seat right before week trip to Alpine WY & while out there I checked in w/my guys at work & they said get a hold of Murry @ Mtn Mod about some emergency. Checked my cell & I had 2 missed calls from him. Called him & he had one guy out west break the little front latch on the seat (fastens same as oem seat) & wanted to be sure this didn't happen to me. Was wondering if he could next day me a new seat w/upgraded latch as he couldn't stand it if it broke on my vacation.
I said, don't worry it will wait til I get home & when I got home, the upgrade kit was waiting for me w/a follow up call by him next day to be sure I recieved it. WOW! He has my business from now on & sending some friends that way. Great Seat!

MOD SEAT S2.jpg

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
personally i love boss seats. never tried any others. i think the mt mod is kinda ugly, but that is just my opinion. my customer service from boss has been very, they can be very slow getting product out at times. my xp boss seat is incredible.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
THis one is my fav....got one and the fit is perfect, has a great storage trunk, looks and feels great.....:D

131_3137.jpg

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thistle. That last picture, is that the seat you have to demo ? I sure like the look of it. I like the single piece.

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Well i have both , A Mt mod on my T-Pex, and a Boss on my REV i had a boss on my RT also, My Boss seats have zipper pockets that go bad when frozen, The Mt Mod seat has a velcroe pocket i like, As far as the ride goes i like them both the same, Although i have never delt with either company personaly, I just know Boss takes there time and now are real busy with the Cat seats.

Not

HOOTS

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
S.W MN
Murry said he has been really busy making seats for Cats. Says alot of dealers are paying more & putting his seat on even though Cat & Boss are hooked.

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
After hearing some of the horror stories about Boss's customer service, I would personally try the Mountain Mod. Plus the MM uses the stock fastening system on the XP unlike Boss that tells you to cut the tabs off the tank and then use velcro and snaps.

HOOTS

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
S.W MN
Price to my door after Canadian $ conversion was $581 US for 2 compartment seat. I'm thinking the single was alittle cheaper? Very happy w/ seat.

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
Both are great, cant go wrong with either.

I have a Boss on my XP, and I love it. Fits mint, and perfect foam density.

porkbuddy3

Premium Member
Jan 25, 2009
Thanks for all the info guys, I chose the MM with double storage. Murry was great help and it will be here in 1 Week. Ill try to post pics when I get it on.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Good choice, I bought my 1st and my last Boss...anything really. I can't believe how bad their customer service is. It took about 5 MONTHS to get a little tear in my seat fixed...which they didn't cover and was less then 1 year old.
FU BOSS.

Premium Features