• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Open deck trailer options

A
Jul 27, 2001
Meridian, ID
There has been lots of threads about what to do with your enclosed trailer on here, but I'm curious what people would like to see on an open trailer. I know the limitations are much greater, but would someone pay for such things on an open trailer like a storage box (maybe underneath), fuel cell or gas can rack? How about tie down options (rods, screw-down bars, u-bolt type of tie-downs around the spindles, superclamps, etc)? What is the perfered deck material (plywood, steel, planking, etc.)? What about enclosures? Jack preferences, front ramp styles, sizes and angles? Tire sizes? Finishes (paint, powdercoat, galvanizing)? Steel or aluminum & why? Optional lighting (deck, LED's, markers)? Tongue lengths or maybe even a swing or removable tongue? How about a cross-over trailer that could be more effectively used for multiple purposes (atv, raft, utv, sled, etc.)? Finally, if you could get these options, would it be worth it, over buying an enclosed?

Maybe some of the ideas of actual users will make it back to the manufacturers.;)

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
When I built mine there were some ideas I just had to have
6 Ft Long tongue make it easy to unload at almost any angle
Long ramps for loading and unloading
Higher salt guard
led lighting With extra bright running lights for nighttime backing
Rear ramp that was easy to use with one person
Wood deck so I could replace easy when damaged
Lots of d rings for tying the atv down
That's all i ever really thought about But when i think of an enclosed it adds so much more to the list lol
DSC03197.jpg

Premium Features