• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled fails to pull RPM

J
Oct 15, 2013
Breckenridge, CO
How is going back to stock changing too many things? If i put on the indy dan primary and new motor mounts and it works then great.
You can certainly go back to stock and change bushings and different clutch all at once and if it runs well, great! But then how do you know what actually fixed your issue?
And you already said it didn’t pull proper from the start, so why would new bushings or anything else expect to be a problem solver if the sled never ran right from the beginning new?
Isolate issue by making one change at a time so you know exactly was the cause/issue/fix is

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
You can certainly go back to stock and change bushings and different clutch all at once and if it runs well, great! But then how do you know what actually fixed your issue?

And you already said it didn’t pull proper from the start, so why would new bushings or anything else expect to be a problem solver if the sled never ran right from the beginning new?

Isolate issue by making one change at a time so you know exactly was the cause/issue/fix is

If it runs with that, i add the pipe later. If it still runs. I buy spare motor mounts and keep an eye on my clutch. I live 12 hours from the closest mountains and so do the guys i ride with. They don't want to mess around for a few hours changing things one by one, so this is how i have to do it. If the issue is narrowed down to 2 or 3 things it is very fixable.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
XFire-- If you are stuck at 7600rpm. That does seem like a powervalve problem.

If you have the sled warmed up and you have done a couple of pulls and you are still only getting 7600 rpm....

#####This is a short test to do a pull or two and see what you find#####

Manually lift the exhaust valves to full open and zip tie them fully open. If the rpm comes back you know its the valves. Either the relays, actuator, or cable.

DO NOT RUN LIKE THIS FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD

Last year I had a turbo not pulling above 7600 rpm in my shop, when I did the push / pull test I found that the exhaust cable was broken.

here is the link

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433626&highlight=ves+broken

Last edited:
Premium Features