• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gearing down 17 Assault with chaincase

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
I've read input across several forums about gearing down but cant seem to find a definitive answer for what ratio to go to with chaincase sleds . ..can anyone provide a little more insight on my gearing question? . . I've read thru everything I can find and still not really sure on which direction I need to go ..I'm working on a 17 Assault and have swapped the track to a 2.6 ..stock driveshaft ..stock gears are 20/40 tooth. ...primary spring is blue/pink and secondary is black. .weights running 10-60 for now. .elevations for Snowies, Hahns, Cooke, etc. ..so 8-11ish. ...input???? .. thanks fellas ..

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Its really just a personal preference on what you like. I really like the 19/44 gearing the 3" tracks come with from the factory.... Other people think thats too low.

The nice thing about the chain case sleds is that gears are cheap and easy to replace. If your at 20/40 now... 19/41 would be about an 8% gearing reduction and 19/42 would be about 10%. You could try either of those options and be able to reuse your chain.

Its really just a personal preference on what you like. I really like the 19/44 gearing the 3" tracks come with from the factory.... Other people think thats too low.

The nice thing about the chain case sleds is that gears are cheap and easy to replace. If your at 20/40 now... 19/41 would be about an 8% gearing reduction and 19/42 would be about 10%. You could try either of those options and be able to reuse your chain.

Premium Features