• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

air bubble in coolant system

1badcowboy

Oct 26, 2008
Elko NV
What is the best way to get an air bubble out of a coolant system on a turbo dragon i had to change one of my hoses when i insalled my turbo system and im thinking i might have an air bubble wich is causing it to heat up any help would be great. when my sled is cold the level on the bottle is good but once you start to run it, it goes way past the cold zone and spits some out od the overflow tube

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
Drive your sled most of the way up your trailer ramp, so the front end is up alot higher than the azz end.....start it up and run it a while......you'll see you coolant in the bottle start to move around when the t-stat opens around 122*......let it run a while, even leaning it to one side, then the other, this will allow any air bubbles in the heat exchanger in the rear to work their way forward and burp out in the bottle. if you had a bubble, the coolant level will suddenly drop on the bottle. if so, just fill back up.

Last edited:
R

rmk700rules

Oct 17, 2009
another thing to try is start it up and lean it to both sides a couple times, lay it on the left then the right about 3 times, should fix your problem

Premium Features