• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Turbo

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
ok guys... Im like a kid with two bucks in a candy store.:confused:

Impulse race kit is what im going with for sure but... Do i want the 3071 or the 2871. Like ringer here if i spend to much money on a sled that ive already done so once im going to be looking for a new home and no cookie for sure.lol i got pistons but i cant spend the extra $$$ on rods so im limited to 18 and 20 psi max with stock ones.so do we go with the 3071 0r 2871?and just by chance what is the best price on a set of rods as well?maybe she wont kick me out. So ok guys lets hear it:beer;

pay by cash and she'll never know! Thats what i do. Lol. Justify to her, that your saving money in the long run if you do it all at once!

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Ok guys... Im like a kid with two bucks in a candy store.:confused:

Impulse race kit is what im going with for sure but... Do i want the 3071 or the 2871. Like Ringer here if i spend to much money on a sled that ive already done so once im going to be looking for a new home and no Cookie for sure.lol I got pistons but I cant spend the extra $$$ on Rods so im limited to 18 and 20 psi max with stock ones.So do we go with the 3071 0r 2871?And just by chance what is the best price on a set of rods as well?Maybe she wont kick me out. So ok guys lets hear it:beer;

life suck sometimes buddy decisions decisions ;) 2871 turbo for sure it will make 400hp ,if your not doing rods you dont need the 3071.the best price i have seen in canada are the powderlites h beam rods around 900$can.:beer;

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005

Impulse race kit is what im going with for sure but... Do i want the 3071 or the 2871. Like Ringer here if i spend to much money on a sled that ive already done so once im going to be looking for a new home and no Cookie for sure.lol I got pistons but I cant spend the extra $$$ on Rods so im limited to 18 and 20 psi max with stock ones.So do we go with the 3071 0r 2871?And just by chance what is the best price on a set of rods as well?Maybe she wont kick me out. So ok guys lets hear it:beer;

I'd buy the 2871 for a mountain sled, more than 99% cant handle at 18#'s anyway. ;) Only reason I upgraded to the 2871 this year is because the center section went out of my 2860. I plan on running 17-18 #'s max. I'd be worried about sacrificing throttle response with the 3071.

:beer;, AA

C

chris79

Mar 3, 2008
Foremost, Alberta

I put Falicons in my apex. They were $273.00us per rod. Don't know if that helps, lol good luck:beer;:beer;:D

Last edited:
T

turbo nytro

Dec 14, 2008
Alberta
apex

pay by cash and she'll never know! Thats what i do. Lol. Justify to her, that your saving money in the long run if you do it all at once!

You are so right Johnny. I did that:) The apex has je 10;1 piston's , carrillo rods. crank was done , ti valve springs , heavy studs , 150hp nos shot , meth inj . 2871 front mount . The machine was delivered to my door from BC, on new yrs eve , good thing we went out & started drinking for new yrs , but the ????? came the next day , but it was too late the machine was done & in the garage ....

Advice do it all at once , she'll forgive you .
good luck :beer;:beer;:beer;

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
You are so right Johnny. I did that:) The apex has je 10;1 piston's , carrillo rods. crank was done , ti valve springs , heavy studs , 150hp nos shot , meth inj . 2871 front mount . The machine was delivered to my door from BC, on new yrs eve , good thing we went out & started drinking for new yrs , but the ????? came the next day , but it was too late the machine was done & in the garage ....

Advice do it all at once , she'll forgive you .
good luck :beer;:beer;:beer;

Better to make her really mad once:eek: every few years than 10 times/year:mad: slowly building a sled. hahaha :D

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
If i get my turbo my wife gets a new SUV of choice next year (her 08 tundra LTD has 30000 kms on it u now :eek: )
But i figure she is getting a new SUV whether i like it or not so bring on da turbo!!! BTW lots of small bills and my wife dont care 1000 here a 1000 there... but a bill for 12000 in parts and she is not going to be impressed!!!

But all in all i got her pretty dam good!! :present:

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
all in

I personally think I would be better off in the end if I would just spend it all at once instead of trying to save money. I think it always ends up costing more in the end. Should just go out and buy a year old sled and a used turbo kit and call it good. Anything that was good a year ago is probally still decent this year.

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
I personally think I would be better off in the end if I would just spend it all at once instead of trying to save money. I think it always ends up costing more in the end. Should just go out and buy a year old sled and a used turbo kit and call it good. Anything that was good a year ago is probally still decent this year.

There is alot of 06 T-Apex's out there that have few miles on them and the bugs and upgrades will be taken care of for you already.

Y

Yamahamod

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jun 8, 2008
In my Bunker
www.facebook.com

This paragraph is the most depressing in this thread. Did your wife tell you to say that? :D
lmao

I just picture you with a big sad puppy dog face while saying this and settling for last years stuff. lol

This thread is awsome

I have seen alot of awsome sleds for sale with alot of good mods done already and cheap. Well cheaper

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
If. . .

IT would be different if I didn't live 600 miles from the closest mountain riding. Then I could justify a new sled with the new stuff. ha ha

Sorry to seem depressing.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Well i decided I'm going to go with the 2871 race kit "hybird" bad azz mofo turbo from Impulse. lol Rather than the 3071. The 3071 was very responsive and both were very fast on the two apex's that i rode. So the 2871 should be more responsive all around, and in theory be as fast up to 20 or so psi. Should be interesting to pull the trigger on this sled with this new kit and motor work, kinda like sticking your hand up a girls shirt for the first time:face-icon-small-hap Well....kinda the same;)

Last edited:
Premium Features