• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stock viper 700 reeds?

So i got v-force 3's for my 03 viper mtn. My question is, could i put the stock viper reeds in my 2000 SRX? They are both 700 motors, and i was thinking the viper reeds might be better than the reeds currently in the SRX because it has over 5000 miles on it, Viper only has 1700. Anyone got any info?

I got it done! Took apart tonite and the reeds in the srx were cracked and broken, I'm surprised it still ran!! I put it all back together and now it has much more snap....go figure huh. If anyone has trouble starting there sled, has a bog, or running slow, CHECK YOUR REEDS.........

Z

zoombyu

Jan 13, 2009
North Dakota
Have 05 Viper Mtn that had bad reeds (stock). Thought it was carbs and cleaned twice. A little help, but not quite right. Should have checked the reeds when we first pulled carbs. Had good low end, but bog right after that. 2 of the reeds were bad (one had a chunk gone). Now it is almost automatic- check reeds if cleaning or rejetting carbs. Need to watch the reeds on the Vipers. Spacers are suppose to help by getting reeds away from some of the turbulence from the cylinders. Haven't tried the spacers, but be sure to check them now and then. Actually used part out reeds from a SRX temporarily until we could get new. :)

Premium Features