• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05-06 900 IQ Throttle/ Oil cable replacement

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Any new of the longer ones coming in soon? I need one...extended all the wires brake lines etc....just need the throttle cable now.

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
I received another request for a long cable, anybody else sitting on the fence about getting an order in please let me know now so I get it in.
FBF.

F

fitler

May 14, 2009
PM and email sent. Any chance of getting a long cable?

Thanks

Last edited:

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
Got the cable installed;
Very impressed, great product.

If you are thinking about getting one DON'T mess around, do it!

A
Apr 5, 2009
oil pump adjustment

i just installed my new cable and just want to make sure the oil pump is adjusted correctly. the line on the oil pump arm lines up with the line on the housing is that correct mine is set so that the line on the arm is a tad bit below the housing line. should i raise it up or leave it. can i adjust it by using the nut that is closest to the thumb throttle that has a rubber boot over it since i have the throttle bodies already mounted. i noticed the web site for instructions for installing it is off line now too.

Last edited:
J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Did you guys recieve your cables lately? I ordered mine a few weeks ago and havent heard from Claude since????

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
cable install

i just installed my new cable and just want to make sure the oil pump is adjusted correctly. the line on the oil pump arm lines up with the line on the housing is that correct mine is set so that the line on the arm is a tad bit below the housing line. should i raise it up or leave it. can i adjust it by using the nut that is closest to the thumb throttle that has a rubber boot over it since i have the throttle bodies already mounted. i noticed the web site for instructions for installing it is off line now too.

YES..the line on the pump aligns with the line on the pump lever..
if they are not perfectly even that is ok...AS long as it is as close to straight as possible..or you can tighten the cable to where the line on the lever is just ABOVE the line on the oil pump..in this case you would be using just a slight bit MORE oil..which is fine..but never allow the lever to go below the pump line (lean) cause you could lean it out at idle..

Make sense :confused:

you can adjust the line by handlebars to even the line marks up BUT you might increase your idle rpm..so its up to you if you want to increase your idle or take the time to yank the throttle bodies off again and get in there..(but you can adjust the lever w/o removing the throttle bodies if you take your time)

welcome to the 900, and to snowest...

if you need more info..let me know.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
your welcome..

i had it moved to the 900 sub-forum to help with searching...

this cable is also a great replacement for the 06 6mk 700 (755) if it has not been mentione dyte..have one my wifes 06 700 and it is highly recommended on them as it is on the RMK 900s...

get one for your sleds now!!!

Premium Features