• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power commander V install on a 975

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Hey what's wrong with flatlanders? Not everyone has mountains around.:face-icon-small-coo

WELL!!!! GET IN THE CAR THEN!!!:face-icon-small-hap seroiusly I dont know how you guys do it! I would go nts if I couldn't ride the hills without driving 18 hrs . Last weekend I rode two spots with 48-60" of fresh that week both less than 75 miles from the house and I never even had to shovel my driveway! I Love NM :face-icon-small-hap

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
WELL!!!! GET IN THE CAR THEN!!!:face-icon-small-hap seroiusly I dont know how you guys do it! I would go nts if I couldn't ride the hills without driving 18 hrs . Last weekend I rode two spots with 48-60" of fresh that week both less than 75 miles from the house and I never even had to shovel my driveway! I Love NM :face-icon-small-hap

you suck!!! :face-icon-small-ton:heh:

joking, that would be nice may be someday i can afford to move west. :sad:

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
have had a few questions about the install so to the top.

have 100 miles on it now as a 900 with the pcv and it is running good. going to the snowies this weekend and see what it does and get some elevation tuning done.

it is easy to tune and the autotune works rather well.

i am running with my exhaust valves blocked off so they open with the pressure only no solenoid and i love it. more linear power the valves open gradually instead of all at once.

G
Jul 16, 2008
u sound like you know whats going on so every time I dive my sled into the snow on the mag side will drop about 2500 rpms but never straight on or to the pto side I dont think i am sucking in snow i am confused any suggestions the ecu doesnt flash either its 06 900
thanks craig

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
u sound like you know whats going on so every time I dive my sled into the snow on the mag side will drop about 2500 rpms but never straight on or to the pto side I dont think i am sucking in snow i am confused any suggestions the ecu doesnt flash either its 06 900
thanks craig
My buddies 05 900 did this last year before he got rid of it, turned out to be TPS harness.

Great job on the install BD, glad to hear she's running good for ya. Let us know how the high elevation testing goes!

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
thanks craig

i agree with discodan could be tp harness or the exhaust getting plugged with snow. i put a larger deflector under the belly pan in front of the exhaust outlet to make a bigger pocket for the exhaust to escape when it is leaned over on the right side.

Thanks dan i will let ya all know how it turns out. atleast i have a back up on this ride. my bro isn't going so i have his 9 for a back up :face-icon-small-ton

Franz

Premium Member
Nov 11, 2008
Logan, UT
thanks BD for putting this back up. I have a rather challenging engine build coming and I may have to try something like this, but I have a 2 injector motor. that's probably a no-go. I definitely want to install a wide-band though.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
i think you still could put it on a 2 injector motor you would just wire in the mag injectors. in the wiring diagram i show which wires are for what injector. the pcv modifies the signal coming in so if there is only the 2 injectors it will only modify them.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
thanks BD for putting this back up. I have a rather challenging engine build coming and I may have to try something like this, but I have a 2 injector motor. that's probably a no-go. I definitely want to install a wide-band though.

Jeff..

figure out the PC5 tuning for the 05 motor..so i can use it as well... ;)

Bruce...wish i could meet you guys there man...i got the jip the last 2 days, the wife bailed on my Sunday, then my buddy bailed on me monday...both the morning of...so i am not happy..

have fun man..smack some tress for me in remembrance. ;)

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Jeff..

figure out the PC5 tuning for the 05 motor..so i can use it as well... ;)

Bruce...wish i could meet you guys there man...i got the jip the last 2 days, the wife bailed on my Sunday, then my buddy bailed on me monday...both the morning of...so i am not happy..

have fun man..smack some tress for me in remembrance. ;)

dont worry i will smack some trees for ya. will try to get some helmet cam footage for ya as well. show ya how it is supposed to be done :face-icon-small-ton ;)

wish ya could go to going to meet a guy from north dakota and let him ride with us.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
WHOA!!

You know, i am irreplaceable!!

Have fun man. Make up for the last trip to IP...and NO midnight piston rebuilds :face-icon-small-ton

man hit me where it hurts :face-icon-small-sho

no midnight rebuilds this trip. if it goes down or don't run right i will run it off a cliff into a big tree :face-icon-small-hap

and ride the spare. lol

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
man hit me where it hurts :face-icon-small-sho

no midnight rebuilds this trip. if it goes down or don't run right i will run it off a cliff into a big tree :face-icon-small-hap

and ride the spare. lol

Don't doo that. Call me and I'll come pick it up.
It'll be fine.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
well had it out yesterday here in the snowies and all the work has paid off. she is running about 90% on the autotune map from home. the snow was so good didn't mess with turning on the autotune yesterday. got it turned on today so i can fine tune the map.

dan pm me maybe we can make a deal :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
BD where you running the 900 or 975 w the auto tune ? Either way glad to hear you got some good riding on your own sled this time:rockon:

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
BD where you running the 900 or 975 w the auto tune ? Either way glad to hear you got some good riding on your own sled this time:rockon:

I am running it as a 900 right now. and thanks just got back from an awesome weekend in the snowies. it was running great yesterday found one last thing that fixed my bog in the morning.

i was running a timbersled intake and i thought i might be restricting the air into the the motor so i put my homemade intake that i had brought along for the heck of it and i picked up 200 rpms on the top end and the early morning bog for the first 5 or so miles.

the pcv worked great and now this summer i will be changing it back to a 975 and then look out next year in cooke for our 900 get together :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-win

2poor

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Boise Idaho
The 975 are like the 1140 they need their air so dont rule out needing a differant intake yet. I had to take the fire-n-ice put it on and open up the front were the light was to get the air needed for the 1140 on my 06.

Premium Features