• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

POLZINHUNTER's Rider Select Delete for the 2005 RMK Kicks Azz

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
What is a "spiral flex" coupling???

The Flaming river joint is a pricey version... I think you can get the un plated version from Borgeson in that size...

If you wanted to make the belcranks in the bulkhead out of aluminum .... I'd be all over that like stink on a Hippie!!

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
No backlash, and they eat tolerances in 3 axes.

Used them a lot on motion control systems at previous employers.

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
Sweet. That setup looks really clean. Price and what location does it put your bars in? 5, 6, 7th location??? bout the only thing stock left on my sled and it needs replaced.... thanks

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
flexible-coupling-310175.jpg

Mule to the rescue !!! thanks for the pic that is exactly what i was talking about.these are also a bit pricey but the come in a huge range of sizes and seveal materials because as we all know space is at a premium in this chassis

On the other hand a staight shaft would be way cool and would eliminae torque loss .Its wort exploring to see if it can be done!

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Sweet. That setup looks really clean. Price and what location does it put your bars in? 5, 6, 7th location??? bout the only thing stock left on my sled and it needs replaced.... thanks

they are 100.00 shipped in the lower 48 . The have three adjustment positions that are about 4-6 on the stock set up! I have some of each in stock!

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Mule... Got a link for me???

What is the maximum angular deflection?

You would have too "capture" the post at the top to keep up and down movment at bay..

They come in a ton of flavors, delrin and aluminum are the most common. Hit McMaster/Fastenal/Grainger; might give your local Parker-Hannifin rep a call, they do a ton of motion systems and they'll know a lot more about them.

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
Mule... Got a link for me???

What is the maximum angular deflection?

You would have too "capture" the post at the top to keep up and down movment at bay..

Would be pretty easy to do with the 2 piece design of the delete kit...just machine a shoulder on either side of the mount:beer;

I'm in for a steering post if you end up building them Kreg:D

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Well since this post has went to steering rods...does anyone know if the 600's and 900's are the same? My buddy's 680 has got the massive slop in the u-joint of the shaft so if POLZINSLAYER decides to build em, I'll take 2.

Also, it's very common (around here) to find that the link bolt to the steering shaft under the motor seems to loosen up over time and causes alot more steering slop on top of the worn out u-joint. Have to pull motor and loctite.:D

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Hell, count me in for one too, gives me an excuse to pull the motor out of the sled and screw with more stuff :beer;

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Guess you decided to stick w the 900 afterall? Did you ever sort out all your troubles?

Almost ;)

Just gotta figure out what to do with a bumper-compatible air intake and put another gram in the primary and it's off and running ;)

I'm gonna do a +8" RSI handlebar setup before this winter too ...

D
Sep 19, 2005
Count me in...

...Polzi.
Like Dog, I'm gonna yank the motor and fix the post one last time. Straight post, check motor mounts and sensors and maybe I'll get a few more years out of her....
Let's keep in touch, this will be a great "project" thread to swap ideas and issues..

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
WHATS UP GUYS..

sorry ive been hiding out and fixing the usual broken projects in the garage last few weeks...

For those who inquire about the POLZINs rider select delete...DO IT...i was hesitant and got it on my 05, BEST thing i have ever done bar none....

Second..Kreg, if you do a steering post...i am in...your ideas are excellent, and i have no doubt it will be perfect...count me in for an 05 model for sure...

Third...PM me when you get a chance about the chain cover if you have any updates..i know your busy...dont want to stray from your creative idears, lol...

Keep up the great work Kreq...

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
does anyone still have the roundish knob you press on to move the handlebar? I broke mine.

This may sound crazy, but I kinda like my rider select. I am not real big so it hasn't broke on me. I broke it when I was changing a plate on the select.

2002prox800

Mar 16, 2008
NH
rider select delete

I'm planning on removing the rider select on my 06 fusion. I actually got my hands on a complete post set up off the 08 dragon 600. looks like if I pull the motor I can just swap one post style for the other. anyone try this option yet? thanks

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'm planning on removing the rider select on my 06 fusion. I actually got my hands on a complete post set up off the 08 dragon 600. looks like if I pull the motor I can just swap one post style for the other. anyone try this option yet? thanks

If you are talking about a 600 Fusion..

You will still need the new top bearing plate like polzinhunter offers here. The steering hoop for a 2008 is completly different than any sled with rider select. The steering hoop is the part that supports the steering colum and the console. You cant use a 2008 steering hoop on a 2006 fuel tank/console assy.

The angles on the mount are different (upper and lower). and you will need to heat deform the oil tank to clear.

If you are talking about a 900.. you wont clear the injectors with the straight post...

Anyway you do it... it wont be a bolt-in swap.

Keep us posted on your progress and post up photos.

Premium Features