• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wakeboard tower speakers

H

hurleyboarder21

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2003
Snohomish, WA
wetsounds are super nice and would be my choice if we didn't have a custom fiberglass box with 6 kicker component 6x9's hanging from our tower.

C
Dec 13, 2007
I love music but I don't make others all across the lake listen to it. most people who buy them don't realize how much the noise carries. It is a lot different than a car when they go by once, but with a boat you go back and forth in the same spot and turn it loud enough so the guy wakeboarding can hear it, and I guarentee the people on shore van hear it better than the guy wakeboarding. Nothing beats taking mom out fishing and having to listed to rancid yelling and swearing all evening. I'm sure they will be outlawed/restricted someday

S
Nov 28, 2007
Alberta
got the monster tower now gonna look for some wetsounds!

love being on the board and can hear the tunes no problem.... big lake little population turn it up :)

H

hurleyboarder21

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2003
Snohomish, WA
I love music but I don't make others all across the lake listen to it. most people who buy them don't realize how much the noise carries. It is a lot different than a car when they go by once, but with a boat you go back and forth in the same spot and turn it loud enough so the guy wakeboarding can hear it, and I guarentee the people on shore van hear it better than the guy wakeboarding. Nothing beats taking mom out fishing and having to listed to rancid yelling and swearing all evening. I'm sure they will be outlawed/restricted someday

True, but i'd rather here music than the annoyance of a jet ski. Most people are pretty decent about it on local lakes around here anyway. Don't worry, fun will be outlawed soon enough as well.

H

hurleyboarder21

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2003
Snohomish, WA
yes they are pricey, and yes they are worth it. If you want a quality speaker with a quality can/box that isn't a custom setup, get the wetsounds. Samsons are ok, but the speakers themselves are only ok at best. You could try to get some samson cans and get some good component speakers with crossovers, and then put them together yourself, and have an ok setup..... just get the wetsounds!

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
I couldnt afford to get the tower speakers with my boat and thought the 2g's was a rip for what they were anyways!!!

I love my buddys wetsounds, but I was on a budget so I decided to make my own box with 4 kicker 650's and kicker amp for ~400 bucks total thanks ebay and craigslist :D

P5160252.jpg P5160256.jpg P5160254.jpg

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Nice Moomba!!

You gonna bring that Tige up this year and give me some pulls B? Been thinking about trying that wakeboarding.

Premium Features