• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C

constech

Dec 31, 2010
Payson, UT
I agree they are due, however Arctic cat milked the M chasis for six years, Polaris didn't have anything new for years till 2012 with the pro. Yamaha came out with the Nytro 08 thats 5 years, I hope they do something new it is time in the normal cycle of sleds, but remember these other manufactures do not come out with a new sled every year. I hope the make it turbo ready, lets be honest any turbo they would put on would be under powered. Mostly I hope they redo the suspension so the only major upgrade is the turbo.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
It was actually seven years that they ran the M series. The IQ chassis started in 05 also so Polaris ran that a while. Here is the issue at hand. A stock 05 M7 would probably run just fine with a brand new Nytro if not out do it. The other thing is even though the platform stayed the same the difference between the first M and the last one is quite drastic. I don't know if you can say that for the Nytro. They made some good improvements in 2010 but they still have not addressed the issue of these things needing more power for how front heavy they are.

RX1MountainMan

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Harlowton, MT
didnt the ZR120 use a Honda 4S motor? I wonder if Yamaha is still utilizing the same motor? I know for a fact they were testing a new Apex MTX and a turbo'd Nytro MTX (I got to ride it). So this is the best they can do? I was told they wouldnt release anything that didnt have 10,000 miles of testing. Give me one, I will test the damn thing!

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
10,000 miles of testing? For real? What do they do, drive in a circle around a flat track in perfect 10-20 degree weather? Then return it to a heated garage every night? Cause as a Nytro owner, seems to me they never tested the sled in the mountains, especially in mountains like the PacNW where we get a heavy water content to our snow.

Polaris is shipping a sled off the show room floor that kicks arse, with little or no need for modification. Nytro needs a good couple thousand dollars invested until the sled even becomes ridable. My opinion thats backed by the last four seasons of riding a Nytro, dumping $1-3k each season into this sherman tank.

Yamaha needs to wake up to the competition, the luster of point and shoot Turbo is wearing off.

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
I can not bitch about the bikes, bone stock FJR as my daily commuter is the chit. Been true blue, my dad would pop wheelies on his 175 enduro in I think 1970 or so. I should have jumped on the boost deal last summer. Yamaha is not in the game any more with sleds! Unless you want a 2 up:face-icon-small-sad

G
Feb 25, 2011
North Idaho
srx

At least with the new junior sled Yamaha is letting another generation become quickly disappointed and disillusioned with year after year of stale and reheated machines. Start 'em young so they never expect any more.

Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will stick an old Apex MTX skid under the new venture mp, turbo it, point it up a hill, and take a video.

T
Jan 9, 2012
You mean the new windshield, black a-arms/spindles, black front bumper, separate hand/thumbwarmer switches, new handlebars and mountain strap aren't good enough??? :face-icon-small-win

lol you mean all the stuff that the other brands already had?

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
i like how polaris guys rip on yamaha for not coming out with anew sled this year !!
polaris had the same sled different panels from what? 1997- 2011 !

huhh? I'm not ripping on yamaha, every brand has a couple years of bng. If you paid attention you would see that I was making fun of skidoo.

But since your being idiotic, I dare you to take any single sled from 1997-2001 biggest stock displacement biggest track you can find and try to keep up with me and my '09 600 155. Unless your burandt I promise you wont beat me up any hill with a decent amount of snow. There is a big difference between the genII and the iq not to mention going from an iq to a pro.

Premium Features