• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sugestions Please

lien2747

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2008
Fargo, ND
Hey Everyone,

A buddy of mine and I want to take our wives on a trip to the U.P. We're not from around there and neither of us have ever been there. Wondering where you would suggest riding or staying. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

brianschra

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2017
I’m from Michigan, but now live in CO. Best bet would be near Newberry, Paradise, or near the keweenaw Peninsula. Note just check trail reports come January or February.

Z
Apr 26, 2017
Hey Everyone,

A buddy of mine and I want to take our wives on a trip to the U.P. We're not from around there and neither of us have ever been there. Wondering where you would suggest riding or staying. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

I would highly recommend staying at the Wildlife Refuge Cabins in South Range, Mi. It's about 5 to 10 miles South of Houghton. It's quite a ways up on the U.P. but there is great riding. Dave and Lori own the cabins and are great people! Dave also will do some guiding for pretty reasonable price. His cabins usually book up pretty fast though.

Not sure what type of riding you are into, but with the wives I would assume trail? We don't do much trail riding but if you do, I would recommend getting up there and riding Sunday-Wednesday. Lot of guys come up for Thursday-Sunday. Trails are wide and can often times be a lot of sleds. Sometimes people really cruise up there and it can be interesting. Enjoy your trip.

Premium Features