• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bumpers to prevent bent tunnels??

DCAMPBELL

Lifetime Membership
Sep 5, 2009
kansas
Bent the tunnel on my mountain cat with 5 miles, I have the new style Arctic Cat mountain bumper, never bent any with the old style mountain bumper. Does anyone make a bumper that goes all the way forward to the suspension mounting brackets??

DCAMPBELL

Lifetime Membership
Sep 5, 2009
kansas
reviews

Anyone running one of those bumpers? How do they hold up jacking the sled when the suspension is loaded with snow??

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
there stuff is expensive, but I'll give them credit, its way stronger than any other stuff on the market, I know several people who have them and when you see them in person you realized the craftsmanship they put into them

Someone should reach out and see if they will do a Snowest special or a group buy. I will defiantly buy one

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
BM Fabrications just came out with one and it goes all the way up and ties in with the lower rivet where the tunnel back half meets with the front. They have the only bumper that does that which should give lots of extra strength to the tunnel section. They have one out now and are doing some redesigning to it to make it even stronger yet. Look them up

R
Apr 20, 2017
They have the only bumper that I can find that extends past the upper part of the rear mount of the running boards. That added strength would only be beneficial. I would also go in with a group buy if it occurred.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Checkout the Isled bumpers have one on mine and have wheelied over many times on the turbo. Tunnel is still straight just slight tweeks in the very back of the bumper which is where you want it to give. It ties in clear up to the drop brackets.

PS they don't maintain their inventory on the website so if you want to order one call (208) 403-5693

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
My Backwoods BMP rear bumper delivers today. It took 2 months to get it but finally.:face-icon-small-dis

I plan on installing in the next couple nights and will post some pictures.

Going on a 2018 162" Mountain Cat.

fudge313

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2015
Finland
There is a problem whit that bumber. It doesn't stop the tunnel bending up because its not bolted on the board like cats oem heavy duty bumber.
6fdca90ec253ebfd23c5f96c003c2c76.jpg

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I think rogue concepts might be the toughest option.

Premium Features