• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Ingestion

S
Oct 29, 2011
Michigan
Any way to stop all the snow that gets into the mag side of engine. I have a BMP can, when I pull the side cover off the snow is packed into and around can outlet and chain case.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Block off the footwell and you'll fix most of it.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
ive done a frogskin, and now just ordered a thumbscrew like the clutch side has as there is a small gap there. This after getting that sidepanel half ripped off by tree branches and noticing the hole is already drilled for one there...

i like the heat to escape to the footwells at the end of the day when im cold and need to rip home.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I just blocked off mine with some screen inside the guard. Still gets air.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I just blocked off mine with some screen inside the guard. Still gets air.

the screen doesnt just get punched loose when you jam snow through there on a hard landing? :face-icon-small-coo

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
the screen doesnt just get punched loose when you jam snow through there on a hard landing? :face-icon-small-coo

It's an old vent I never used for an older sled I sold. I cut it up but it still has some plastic framing on two sides. It's set back a little from the well itself.

But nope, no problems. When I first got my 2016 I was pretty appalled at the amount of snow getting in the engine compartment. I sealed up almost everything and none of it did much good until I did the footwells. That's where most of it was coming in.

I mean it is the only place you're regularly forcing snow in there via foot.

S

snowcannon

Aug 20, 2015
Shuswap, BC
It's an old vent I never used for an older sled I sold. I cut it up but it still has some plastic framing on two sides. It's set back a little from the well itself.

But nope, no problems. When I first got my 2016 I was pretty appalled at the amount of snow getting in the engine compartment. I sealed up almost everything and none of it did much good until I did the footwells. That's where most of it was coming in.

I mean it is the only place you're regularly forcing snow in there via foot.
Do you have pictures of how you sealed off the footwells?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Premium Features