• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track porting

Piperock boys

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Anyone porting tracks on their new sleds? I’ve done it in the past on all my old tracks. Just not sure if I want to do the new sled yet.

Mr. BB

Premium Member
Sep 7, 2009
track porting

I've wondered if porting would help the MC '18 with it's overheating. A friend of mine tried it on his 174 turbo with the idea of keeping the temps down in marginal conditions. Lowered temps significantly, varied from day to day depending on conditions. Also worked in deeper snow. He added 3 holes approximately every 12". I'm going to talk to him some more about it tomorrow. Not sure if there is a downside to this or not. A friend of his told him about how it improved his "17 quite a bit, so he tried it on his turbo with 3" lugs. Debating whether to give it a try. Worked on the '17 so ought to improve my '18. He said one trick is to keep the holes on the smaller side because some people have used pretty big holes and track starts tearing. I never measured hole size but looked to be about 1" to 1/8".

Last edited:
Premium Features