• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's running headlight delete with led..mine sucks

ProClimber800

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2011
Maine
Bought the sled with it already done and the light flickers and is real dim. Seems like it's the light itself having issues. Is it because the sled doesn't have a battery or is it my light? What's everyone running and is it bright? Thanks

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Bought the sled with it already done and the light flickers and is real dim. Seems like it's the light itself having issues. Is it because the sled doesn't have a battery or is it my light? What's everyone running and is it bright? Thanks

Research the brand of light and see if it requires a ballast. It most likely does. That will stabilize your voltage and should produce a bright clear light.

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
I would check where the light is wired into. If it's the headlight wiring then it's getting ac power when it needs dc. I wired mine into the 12v outlet which is dc. So it is full brightness.

Mine is a single 10w led pod. It doesn't put out as much light as stock did. But my night riding is only to get me home so it works good for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
Mine is wired into the factory wiring and am using the high beam switch to turn the light on and off. Works great

matt159

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Southwest Iowa
Wire your LED headlight into your accessory is what I found problem solved.

i had same issue & wiring into accessory fixed it... some led lights must tolerate the headlight circuit voltage & others don't... chances are your current headlight may be toast (mine was after about 20 hours of use) but exact replacement works fine on the accessory.

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
We take power from the AC plug with our 6" Led lights

2018 Prolite hood green.jpg

kr ingebrigtsen

Lifetime Membership
May 25, 2010
If you use your 12v outlet, then use a rele on the orginal headligth contact and use your highbeam switch to turn on the light?

Premium Features