• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track Wont Turn or Start When Cold

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
2018 Sno Pro Early Release. Went to push it off the sled deck into the garage last night and the track was locked up and would turn. Tried to fire it up and it wouldn't pull over.

Later, when it was thawed up I pulled it across the garage and was able to pull it over and start it.

I have a TKI belt drive on it and I am wondering if others with belt drives are experiencing similar issues. Could it have something to do with the defection of the belt drive? I'm pretty sure I need to tighten the tensioner up as the belt on the belt drive is a little lose.

Any thoughts??

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Brake wouldn't affect pulling engine over...
My brother lost his deflection bolt out of his secondary and it took 2 of us to pull the sled down the ramp from a sled deck on a superduty with an 8in lift. (Very steep ramp)

Mountain Cat

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
Nope, parking break wasn't on. It was really weird. when I pulled the cord, it wouldn't pull the whole way. It acted like it was seized up. As far as I know, secondary auto adjusts for deflection, no bolt. Weird stuff.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Nope, parking break wasn't on. It was really weird. when I pulled the cord, it wouldn't pull the whole way. It acted like it was seized up. As far as I know, secondary auto adjusts for deflection, no bolt. Weird stuff.
Correct, self adjusting, thats why it must be the bearing on the primary.

Mountain Cat

Premium Features